exopets pede

Whitdadie

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
On the banners that show up on the tops of all the pages there is a couple of banners for Exopets.com. What kind of pede is on the banner? It has an amazing blue body, bright red head, and ritch yellow legs. I can't get over the blue in its body! Are they a good pede to keep? Thanks

BugBoyX

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I'm pretty sure it's a S. heros castaniceps. They're usually a more of a black or blueish/greenish black with red head and yellow legs. I think this one looks really blue because of the way the pic was generated for the banner. I've never seen one quite that blue.....if one does exist it'd be beautiful. From what I've heard and learned (I don't have any myself....YET!), they're not bad pedes to keep. They like to be a bit on the dryer side, but remember to still provide adequate humidity and a water dish, and tend to be nice and active. Besides that the care is pretty much like the other pedes I'd imagine. Several of the other memebers have them and maybe they can provide you with some better care info.
--Roy

Last edited:

Whitdadie

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Your right, the color of the other parts do look very much alike (the legs are incredible!). Thanks for the reply, didnt think anyone would pick up on it. Arnt the S. heros hard to find? I seem to remember people saying that they cant find them.

MrDeranged

He Who Rules
Staff member
The pic is of S. heros castaneiceps. I believe the colors were faded in the banner to make it blend a bit more.

Aggro's care requirements are fine.

They're generally a seasonal pede and should start showing up on dealer lists in the near future.

Of the 3 S. heros subspecies:

castaneiceps is most common
heros is next
arizonesis is the most rare

All of them make great display pets as they are quite active and are usually out and about.

Scott

BugBoyX

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I just spoke to a invert dealer today at the Lititz Reptile show (which by the way was a real dissapointment) and he said that he usually starts getting the S.heros ssp around late April and will definitely have them by May or June. So you (and I ) will have to wait a while for one.