Most Beautiful Tarantula

dGr8-1

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Is there an awards body that recognizes a certain specie to be the most sought after and most beautiful of all Tarantulas? Don't get me wrong, they're all beautiful to me.

So, again:
1) most rare
2) most sought after
3) most beautiful
3.1) color
3.2) size

Am I asking too much? :p

stargell

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
An awards show would rock. I could just see all the T's going on-stage to collect their awards... heehee

Most likely to succeed after final molt is...

Best personality is....

Most beautiful is....

Of course, if it's a beauty pageant....do the T's have to do the whole talent show part?

"I"d like to thank my keeper for all the crickets. And I'd also like to thank ExoTerra for my lovely enclosure..."

I'm cracking myself up.

BigToach

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
too bad slings didnt keep their awesome color as adults. i could think of hundreds that would qualify. imagine a 9 inch blue Hatian Brown, or most any of the avics full size with sling colors.

sick4x4

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
yes

there is one avic which does keep its childish markings...also nice idea..only problem is everyone that owns a t thinks their's is the best,,..but like a dog show...that could work...since i have seen 2 of the same spiders look quite different...best of breed..best coloration for the breed ,ect ect ..lol where would it stop!!

ShadowBlade

Planeswalker
Old Timer
sick4x4 said:
there is one avic which does keep its childish markings
A. minatrix.

@Topic kind of a funny idea

And now... presenting the serial killer of the year... With a whopping 180 murders-

-125 Crix
-25 Roaches
-18 Mealworms
-5 Siblings
-5 Offspring
-2 Humans
*(Owners not present to accept award)

- Haplopelma lividum !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

And now... presenting the webber of the year... With a whopping 500 Sq. feet of web.......

-Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And now... presenting the escape artist of the year, with whopping 25 escapes-

-10 to the female next door
-5 to the closet
-5 to the owner's girlfriend's car
-3 to the cricket tub
-2 to the bathroom

-Psalmopeous pulcher!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

bananaman

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
lol :D this is funny stuff...

The slow grower of the year award: G.rosea 1in in 3 years! :clap: :clap: :clap:

sick4x4

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
ShadowBlade said:
A. minatrix.

@Topic kind of a funny idea

And now... presenting the serial killer of the year... With a whopping 180 murders-

-125 Crix
-25 Roaches
-18 Mealworms
-5 Siblings
-5 Offspring
-2 Humans
*(Owners not present to accept award)

- Haplopelma lividum !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And now... presenting the webber of the year... With a whopping 500 Sq. feet of web.......

-Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And now... presenting the escape artist of the year, with whopping 25 escapes-

-10 to the female next door
-5 to the closet
-5 to the owner's girlfriend's car
-3 to the cricket tub
-2 to the bathroom

-Psalmopeous pulcher!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
opps i thought i had put it up !!!!sorry about that thanks for the correction lol

Grim91Z

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
"Most Beautiful Tarantula"

I find Cobalts to be the most beautiful.

gagamboy

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
:wall: user's choice award for user-friendliness: G. rosea:clap:

{D home-maintenance award for best burrow made: H. minax:clap:

:clap: and of course, the annual 'gagamboy award for outstanding acheivement in the feild of excellence', my personal favorite: h. LIVIDUM!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

P.P.'s Mom

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Most likely to shake the entire enclusure during a cricket hunt:
P. cambridgei

rosehaired1979

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Right now the most beautiful tarantula is the one I am seeking so hard to find is the Brachypelma baumgarteni

TarantulaLV

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
P.P.'s Mom said:
Most likely to shake the entire enclusure during a cricket hunt:
P. cambridgei
MY GOSH ---DO I EVER AGREE WITH THAT SELECTION OF A WINNER!!! :clap:

Dragoon

ArachnoGoon
Old Timer
Hello
My vote for most beautiful tarantula is the Brachypelma boehmei. It caught my eye when I first entered the hobby, and is still (one of) my favorites now. I think its the flagship beauty tarantula...the one guaranteed to make jaws drop and shut up the people proclaiming their distaste for spiders...

I don't know how many times I've had people telling me 'Ugh! I don't like spiders, how on earth could you keep....oooooo, that one's pretty!"

hahaha, in fact, I was at my sister's one Christmas and was showing my five year old niece some pictures from Apets...and she was saying "yuck! spiders!"...until I showed her a boehmei...and she goes shouting, "Mommy! Look at the pretty spider!"
So my sister in the next room (an arachnophobe) yells at me "What are you doing to my daughter!?"
{D

Oh, and I'm a very lucky girl, I have a B. baumgarteni, and it sure looked female on its last molt! I can't wait until it gets bigger!
D.

sick4x4

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
you know

rosehaired1979 said:
Right now the most beautiful tarantula is the one I am seeking so hard to find is the Brachypelma baumgarteni
i saw them forsale in europe none in the states sorry also, just a question , i heard they where a hybrid???

AlainL

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hi!

I know someone who should have B.baumgarteni, he is from canada but he ship in the states, let me know if you are interrested.

Hipster OBT

Arachnopeon
Now I haven't seen every tarantula but I've been looking for a very attractive species to add to my collection. Through all the pictures i saw I'd have to say the male Brachypelma boehmei (red bloom bird-eater) is gorgeous. Bright pink with black contrast and a nice starburst on the carapace.

Other than thay the ornamentals have always caught my eye. Especially the gooty.