VIRIDIS scolopendra

Steven

pede-a-holic
Old Timer
Hey,
does anybody know how a scolopendra viridis must look like,
i've seen on Swift Invertabl. that they look quite similar to Cingulata's, i've read at Swift the're from Southern USA, elsewhere i'v read they came from Israeli and looked more like a tiger scolopendra

I'm confused :? , can someone give me a correct discription or post a picture of a Scolopendra Viridis???

Does anybody know were i can get a complete species list of the gender scolopendromorpha?
i've search the net for a week now and didn't find a proper database with scientific names of scolopendras

greetz

Wade

Arachnoking
Old Timer
S. viridis looks a lot like S. polymorpha, but it's somewhat smaller. I forget the morphological trait that distingishes them. Carl Sandefer actually lists S. polymorpha as being a subspecies of S viridis, but I think this was a mistake.

I'm not aware of a reference for the entire genus, but Dr. Rowland Shelley wrote a book covering the North American represenatives of the family Scolopendramorpha (including both of the above mentioned species), available from the virginia museum of natural history. I think the website is www.vmnh.org , look under "publications" or something like that. I'm not sure what shippings going to run to Europe, however!

Wade