PDA

View Full Version : First Molt for my Chilean Copper?

OneHopefulPoet
07-25-2006, 08:18 PM
About 6-7 days ago, I decided that I wasn't going to feed my Chilean Copper after a 4 day craze of feeding every day. I was advised to not to feed it so that I wouldn't "power feed it"

The next day I noticed my T had crawled under its half-log, and pulled peat moss in behind it to close in the enclosure and make it dark. The T stayed under the half-log for about 3-4 days.

Yesterday I noticed my T had crawled back out, and was sitting ontop of it's half-log. So, I decided after a while of not feeding i'd get it some crickets. I went today and got two crickets, came home, and dropped them in. Soon after dropping them in I noticed a bunch of web fibers connected to the glass of the cage and the half-log.

My question is, is my chilean copper getting ready to molt? Should I take out the crickets, or give it a chance to eat them? Any advice is appreciated, thank you!!

Endora
07-25-2006, 08:55 PM
I have a Paraphysa Scrofa too. I just love her to death.
And she can be a healthy eater if i let her. But what i normally do is if i see that my Ts don't eat the crickewt right away, i usually take it out after a couple of minutes. I try again in another occasion.
My P.Scrofa tends to hide out when she doesn't want to be bothered or about to molt.
Keep an eye on her.

Skypainter
07-25-2006, 09:01 PM
If it doesn't go after the crickets take them out. The webbing it is making could mean nothing at all but could also be a molting hammock. The best indication of premolt is no interest in food.