Pics - Urodacus yaschenkoi [Deceased Specimin =( ]

Menthu_Rae

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hey everyone,

My Urodacus yaschenkoi finally met its end... after 2.5yrs of owning it in captivity, and 6 months ownership by my friend before me... and whoever knows how long in the wild...

I assume it died from old age, however there are some anomalies with 2 of its legs... hoping someone can give me an idea of what they are (look at pictures 2, 3 and 5... the front left and rear left legs (top view)... or front right and rear right legs (underside view)... they seem to be hollow with holes at the major leg joint?)

Anyway, enjoy these high res pics of a scorpion that not many of you will ever get to see nor own. This specimin was a rather feisty one, I believe a female, and behaved that way right up until it's death.

There was no unusual behaviour prior, except for it being active (trying to climb the tank walls) during late morning hours (~10am) - however it had done this frequently during it's time with me.

Pics:

fusion121

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Nice pictures

I've had a similar thing with a couple of my tropical species which ended up dying. I think its a parasite problem; something eats away the flesh under the cuticle, but I've never found the culprit.

Mega

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Nice pic
Will it be possiblem that it is too moist

EAD063

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Amazing pictures... I suggest using Jasc's Paintshop and resize those buggers so they can be used as informational pictures accompanied by descriptions (not saying u have to write descriptions) but I'm sure they can be useful