I got my first centipede!

pategirl

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I bought myself a nice centipede from Swifty today....It's a Tanzanian blue ringed or Scolopendra morsitans. It was hungry too....it's working on eating a pinky.

Henry Kane

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Way to go Pategirl! You made a good choice. S. morsitans is a very cool specie and has great colors too! I have one I have raised from a tiny little guy (1" or so) which is now at about 41/2".

Take care. :)

Atrax

petitegreeneyes

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
It's awesome isn't it?! I have one that is one of my favorites due to its coloring. It reminds me of a blue armour look. Good eaters too! Good luck with your pede.

pategirl

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
The only thing not awesome about this one is cleaning up after it! Is it possible to overfeed a centipede? I don't want to cause harm by that..the critter had two pinkies since yesterday.

Henry Kane

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I know overfeeding can be risky to juvies and p'lings but I don't know about subs and adults. I would imagine that one pinky per week would suffice though. It may have been very hungry for the moment. I'd let it settle with what it's eaten for a week or two before feeding again.
LOL! I know cleaning up small vertibrate prey remains sucks! Pedes are messy eaters for sure! ;)

Atrax