How Do T"s Feel Vibrations???

MilO*luv*kr3w*

Arachnopeon
I know it's a dumb question but, how do they feel it ????:?

WELL IF YOU HAVE ANY GOOD ANSWERS HOLLA :p :5:

THANKS FOR THE HELP LOVE MEGS {D {D {D {D {D {D {D {D {D {D {D {D {D

Windchaser

Arachnoking
Old Timer
The "hairs" that cover a tarantula's body are sensory receptors. These "hairs" are what detect vibration as well as other senses, such as taste receptors on the pads of their feet. The reason I quoted hairs is that they are not technically hair. Hair is mammalian trait and arachnids don't actually have them. These are actually sensory receptors.

gumby

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
nice I had no idea that Ts were not acctually hairy.:} many times they will get vibrations from the webs they lay on the ground and on walls. The vibrations do have to go through the sensory receptors first though.
scott

cacoseraph

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
i think slit sensilae are the ground tremble sensors and the setae are for airborne vibrations

the slit sens..ors are highly nerved openings in the exoskeleton of the tarantula that will actually flex and warp based on the vibrations traveling up the legs of the tarantula. *kinda* similar to how our ears work.

the slit sensors are so senstive they allow the tarantula to triangulate the position of any temble sources and also to estimate the size of anything walking nearby.

MilO*luv*kr3w*

Arachnopeon
woahhh that's soo cool thanks man that's soo intense

yer the best around of applause to you all :clap: :clap: :clap: