Hawaiian Scolopendra sp.

Henry Kane

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Haven't posted any pics of one of these guys in a long time. They kind of remind me of the Vanuatu pedes except with yellow leg tips.

Hey Tom, did your Hawaiian pede look like this one? (Hope your new ones arrived safe and sound! :))

I was originally told these were a subspinipes ssp. Anyone have any info that may confirm that? They apparent;y don't get much over 6" but they have all the attitude of their big brothers.

Atrax

Attachments

Steven

pede-a-holic
Old Timer
I'm not an expert, but i would say it's a Hawaiian subspecies.

But anyway, looks great, nice pede ;)
greetz

Last edited:

Henry Kane

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hi Steven! :)

I know the pede in my pic is of Hawaiian origin. I was wondering if Tom's (Mr. I got some new pedes) new Hawaiian pede is of the same specie I have. There was another hawaiian specie available a while back that is much larger than the sp. in my pic and more closely resembles an Asian S. subspinipes.

See ya.

Atrax :)

Mister Internet

Big Meanie Doo Doo Head :)
Arachnosupporter +
Gary.... yeah, yeah, hold your horses... ;)

Here is a couple of pics of my Hawaiian subspinipes... he's alot darker than yours... very deep red instead of the brighter red, but still very pretty. BTW, is yours really laid back? Mine had barely flinched since he got here... he's either very calm or still recovering from the trip... anyway:

You can see that visually, they are very similar... barring the color differences I mentioned.

Henry Kane

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
He must just be getting over the trip because both of mine are as far from laid back as a pede that size can get. They are actually among the feistier of all my pedes. I bet he'll remember what he's all about in a couple days.

Atrax