enclosure tops

Natemass

Arachnolord
Old Timer
ok so i just built this tank for one of my avics. its my first tank that ive made so the seams arent so good and the guy at lowes cut it a little wrong but were good. the dimensions are 15 in high and the base is 8x10inches. anyone have any ideas for a lid i know ron j did that screen lid DIY but i was thinkin using plexiglass and drilling holes cuz i have a sheed already. and any other ideas on decorating it..

thanks guys

Nate

PS heres the pic

cheetah13mo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Is the lid going to be at the top and is it going to be how you get in and out of the container for maintainence?

Natemass

Arachnolord
Old Timer
ya i want to be able to take the lid off and on for maintance feeding etc.

cheetah13mo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
If it's going to be at the top, your T will probably use the lid to attache the webbing to. Have you thought about putting another door, lower on the side so you can do maintainence from there?

SouthernStyle

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I would sugguest using a Lower access door closer to the bottom (depending on how high you are going to make the substrate) So that way maintence could be done relatively easily. If not, It's pretty easy to find some thin sheet metal (VERY THIN) and craft a top out of screen and be able to make it secure to the top of the tank, Just involves cutting the metal and then some gorilla glue to seal the screen to the metal (I'll post a pic of the one I built here when I get a chance to find it)....It works well and is very secure.