This isn't good... escapee fan tail

deifiler

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
<poopie>.... I was doing the daily feeding and cleaning rounds, when I come to the enclosure of my Alipes when I notice he isn't in his usual burrow I guessed he must be elsewhere.

So I had a root about.... he isn't there, the little bugger has escaped into my house...

My mum is going to go mad and probably give me the whole lecture on keeping them in blah blah blah....

But I don't get how it could of escaped... and I've seived through the soil

:(

Static_69

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
if that happened to me, my mom and dad would just make me give up the whole lot...i don't even know how i talked them into letting me get a pede from Paul!

Risto

fatbloke

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
when you said you where doing the daily rounds with them how often do you ckeck them:? and once you have checked them have you secured the lid again if you only check them about once a week it might have died and just dried out and basically distintigrated as to where to start looking i have no idea hope you find mate

jwb121377

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Well I feel you pain as I had a Scolopendra s. de haani 7" get loose while putting it in a new encloser about three weeks ago or so. I never found the sucker and presume it has died from lack of moisture. As a result I no longer keep any centipedes, while for now anyways. Your best bet in finding it is to look at night when it is dark with the lights out by torch( flashlight). If you can you might want to try to find a friend to help you look for it. Best of luck in finding it.:)

Steven

pede-a-holic
Old Timer
Hey, i also had a Scolopendra s. de haani 7" get loose in my house, what i did was turnning out all heathing systems in my building and moved for 2 days back with my parents, after 2 days i went back to my house and found a big scolopendra laying in the middle of the room, not death yett but really paralysed so it was no problem at catching him again, after a couple of days back in his tank he was back the old agressive Dehaani i used to have ;)

I need to inform you, it was winter when this happend so the temperature in my house when i turned out all heathing systems was about 5°C (i live in Belgium Europe)

succes at finding him

greetz

deifiler

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Cheers for the concerns guys

It's only small, about 4"

I check on them daily, usually first thing in the morning when I water all my pets, then again at mid day to feed the ones that require it, then last thing at night. They are the standard checks, but I'll often sit watching them whilst I'm on my guitar

I figured out how it's got out - a piece of the tape that I used to cover some air ventilation holes appears to have been chew through? Even then though I don't see how it climbed the wall which is easily twice it's height...

Thanks, I'll have a good look tonigth with a torch! And the heating idea is a good one... I may set up a small trap and put a bit of bacon or something in for it to eat