PDA

View Full Version : Question about burrowing P. Murinus

Trey
03-08-2007, 01:19 PM
My murinus has sealed himself up in his burrow and quit taking food so that can only mean one thing. A MOLT!!!!! Well it got me thinking, If I can't see him how do I know if he's done molting? Also I don't want to feed him too early and cause a broken fang but I don't want to go longer than I need. I just can't see the little bugger so I don't know when he's done so I can start counting the days til feeding? Any ideas?

mcy
03-08-2007, 01:24 PM
once its about don't feed it for a week. If it still refuses wait another week.

Trey
03-08-2007, 01:25 PM
Well once he burrows he's never "about" It's kinda like having an evil pet hole!

mcy
03-08-2007, 01:39 PM
They push the molt out most of the time you can wait a few days after that and try feeding or they usually come to the entrance of their hide waiting for some crickets.

Pyst
03-08-2007, 02:29 PM
My murinus has sealed himself up in his burrow and quit taking food so that can only mean one thing. A MOLT!!!!!

Actually that's not correct. Sometimes they just like the extra security that sealing up the entrance provides. Mine spends almost all of her time sealed in and rarely comes out. I usually just throw a few crickets in with her and let her be.

Don't rush to feed you spider once it molts. It doesn't benefit anyone/anything but yourself. Give it anywhere from a week or two after molting before trying to feed it. Try to provide it with plenty of clean water. Spiders are a lot hardier than people give them credit for.

Trey
03-08-2007, 02:40 PM
Well PYST you proved me wrong....After reading your post I put a cricket in there and after a few minutes she grabbed it up. Good call!!!!