opinions would be greatly apreciated

VxXDJXxV

Arachnopeon
i want these:D can i hear from some people who have these on the aggresion, eatting habits, and over all like ability

Suntiger Tarantula (Psalmopoeus irminia)
Ornamental Baboon (Heteroscodra maculata)
Emerald Skeleton Tarantula (Ephebopus uatuman)

cheetah13mo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
P. irminia is very fast and can be a quite defensive arboreal. They dig when young and climb when older.

The E. uatuman is usually not as defensive as the P. irminia but still not handleable and is very striking looking throughout it's life. Both are very good eaters.

Last edited:

Cirith Ungol

Ministry of Fluffy Bunnies
Old Timer
You might wanna check the bites report section for some extra info.

Amanda

Arachnolord
Old Timer
My P. irminia is tons of fun!

http://www.arachnoboards.com/ab/showthread.php?t=89010

As for temperament, I've only found her to be aggressive at the first post-molt feeding. I don't even count that, because she's just REALLY hungry. She's fast, but when disturbed, she runs to her web 100% of the time. She's never made a break for freedom. I never worry when cleaning/changing water, etc. She's always tucked away hiding when I'm messing around in her tank.

She eats very well, and loves to stalk her prey. That is by far my favorite to watch. This T is also one of my favorites because they get their adult colors incredibly early.

I can't offer any insight on the others, but can say from experience that P. irminia have a ton of personality! I haven't found any negatives yet.

stk5m

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
i just traded off my suntiger because it would NEVER come out of it's log. I was sick of having a pet log...:wall: :wall: :wall:

Transylvania

Gondorian
Old Timer
I have a young H.maculata. It prefers to scrunch up and hide, but when a cricket stumbles in, he jumps on it. So in my little experience, they're fairly interesting, but I haven't really gotten the chance (or the willpower) to check out their temperament. From what I've read, they're a bit skittish and the venom definitely isn't fun. But the adult females are gorgeous, no doubt. ;)