Moving Fast Tarantulas

JColt

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
If you like smaller fast aggressive terrestrial species but are worried about getting bit or an escape try this. Works well. So far all mine will use these for there hides.

Grab some of these mouse traps. Take out the springs so you have box with flip lid. Paint it or glue tiny stones to it (leave clearance for lid) When ever you have to move that extremly fast aggressive Tarantula like OBT, Just reach in with Tongs or stick and flip lid down. Now you can move spider! I only do this when I move them to larger container or do complete clean out of cage. Once every 6 or 8 months.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
If you like smaller fast aggressive terrestrial species but are worried about getting bit or an escape try this. Works well. So far all mine will use these for there hides.

Grab some of these mouse traps. Take out the springs so you have box with flip lid. Paint it or glue tiny stones to it (leave clearance for lid) When ever you have to move that extremly fast aggressive Tarantula like OBT, Just reach in with Tongs or stick and flip lid down. Now you can move spider! I only do this when I move them to larger container or do complete clean out of cage. Once every 6 or 8 months.
This looks like a clever idea. Has anyone tried this before, or something similar with a little "door" on it ?

AzJohn

Arachnoking
Old Timer
What's wrong with a deli cup?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Nothing for my small Ts, but the ones with larger leg spans, once they are in for bit, don't want to come out! They get nice and "comfy", and 8 legs keeps them in cups quite nicely.

I was looking at this from more a "easier to get them in". Sometimes they don't want to go in.

IDK for a fast species this seemed like a better idea, safer than a deli cup, for both me the owner, and the T.

BobGrill

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Seems like a cool idea, but... how exactly do you remove the springs without seriously hurting your hand?

Formerphobe

Arachnoking
Old Timer
You completely change out their cages every 6-8 months? Sounds like a lot of unnecessary stress on the spider.