New pede cage

BugBoyX

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Just thought I'd post a pic of my new centipede cage I setup. I really kind of like the way it came out....hopefully the pede will too. Hopefully it will soon house a S. heros ssp. soon.

Last edited:

petitegreeneyes

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
That really looks nice. I don't get extravagent with my pede cages due to the fact that a lot of them are big and I don't want them to have extra help on the climbing and getting out. I have a Hatian pede that stands up to the top of his cage now when its on its back legs and investigating since it knows I have the lid off. Just being extra careful not to let any of them get out.

aftershock

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I agree with PGE. Big branches and stones are great tools for our "escapeartists". After having one on the run(I found i though) I'm very careful with what I use for decorations.

BugBoyX

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I'm not too worried with escapes...I custom built a lid for this tank. It's made of plexiglass and sits down in the frame of the tank and is literally screwed onto the frame (one screw for every inch). The opening is in the center, 4inches away from any one side of the tank and consists of another piece of plexiglass with the center cut out for some aluminum screening that's epoxyed to the plexiglass...this "lid" is then held down with four bolts that pass trough both the plexiglass top and this "lid" and are held in place with wingnuts. I put a lot of time making it as escape proof as possible, just so I could have a nice attractive set up.

Steven

pede-a-holic
Old Timer
Hey, looks great,

I'ts good to see how others make their cages escape-proof.
I'm still working on my ;)

greetz

atavuss

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Originally posted by AGGRO
I'm not too worried with escapes...I custom built a lid for this tank. It's made of plexiglass and sits down in the frame of the tank and is literally screwed onto the frame (one screw for every inch). The opening is in the center, 4inches away from any one side of the tank and consists of another piece of plexiglass with the center cut out for some aluminum screening that's epoxyed to the plexiglass...this "lid" is then held down with four bolts that pass trough both the plexiglass top and this "lid" and are held in place with wingnuts. I put a lot of time making it as escape proof as possible, just so I could have a nice attractive set up.
sounds like a nice set up, how about a picture of the lid?
Ed

Steven

pede-a-holic
Old Timer
sounds like a nice set up, how about a picture of the lid?
yeah, would be great, some more pictures of your container of all angles , lid and stuff, please,.................:D :D

greetz

BugBoyX

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I've got a pic of the lid, but my scanner is on the fritz.....I'll try my buddies and see about getting a pic of it here soon.