molting

arachnomop

Arachnopeon
im just wandering about molting. my T is about to go through its first molt under my care and i'm wandering howmuchbigger will it get?:confused:

also when i spray her cage with the misty water every few days (as she needs it) she seems to show an adversity (is that the word im looking for?:? ) towards it ... she runs away and hides in the corner ... whats the deal?? during molting if i need to spray the cage (whic i probly wont) will it stop her from doin her thing?

urs, scratchin his head just like this little dude:? ,
-phil

MrDeranged

He Who Rules
Staff member
Are you getting the T when spraying the tank? T's hate being sprayed and will readily run away from it. A better way to keep up humidity in the tank is to just overflow the water dish and soak the substrate a bit. Unless you really soak the substrate while misting, any increase in humidity will probably disappear before you put the mister away. As for how much bigger your T will get, it's variable. I'm not that familiar with selenecosmia ssp. so I can't really tell you anything about their growth rates.

Sorry,

Scott

arachnomop

Arachnopeon
o well:D thanks for ur help neway ... yeah i get the substrate pretty wet

i spose ill just and wait and see as to the size. at elats now i know my spiders name isnt just made up haha

Vayu Son

Old Timer
><

Im also willing to bet it isnt its first molt. A spider goes through several molts throughout its life, and two of those are in the eggsac. If its old enough to bite you and its fangs to pierce your skin, then it has gone through at least 4 - 8 molts depending on the species. So while it may be your first molt with the t, it is not the t's first molt.

-v

ArachnoJoost

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
think he knows that, he did say the first molt in his care
sorry, now I'm gonna mind my own business...;)
Joost