Catching crickets?

LAking

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Does anybody know a way of trapping crickets? It's so frustrating hearing them chirp outside and not being able to catch a few to feed to my new T.

TheDon

ArachnoDon
Old Timer
I think it would prob be safer if you just stick with store bought crickets. You never know if the crickets outside have been exposed to pesticides or not and if they were that would be really bad for your T. Thats just my opinion but I would want to play it safe so u dont end up with a dead T.

TheDon

TheWidowsPeak

Formerly 'thewidowpeak'
Old Timer
I wouldn't advise you to feed wild crickets to your T. some may have pesticides that they are resistant too on them. there was anouther thread recently on this topic were it is explained better. but if you must you can burry a mason jar right up to the rim and then place four small rocks around it and one large flat rock on top of that this will keep the rain out. and bugs that like it dark will go under to hide and fall in the jar and as long as they can't climb a smooth surface they will be there when you check on it. you could put a piece of fruit to attract bugs but usually you just get a nasty piece of fruit with fruit flies all over it.

genious_gr

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I had the same question about roaches. If you catch some wild animals probably infected with pesticides, and let them breed for a couple of generations, would the offspring be safe to feed????

skadiwolf

Arachnolord
Old Timer
it's better to go with captive-bred crickets that you are certain haven't been exposed to anything.

a few wild-caught crickets with pesticides that your T might have no resistance to and you just wasted every cent with giving yourself a dead T. :/

you can breed crickets and roaches, but again, it's best to get them from a good source.

i like www.armstrongcrickets.com. excellent people.

not sure on the roaches. good luck.

Arachnopuppy

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Originally posted by genious_gr
I had the same question about roaches. If you catch some wild animals probably infected with pesticides, and let them breed for a couple of generations, would the offspring be safe to feed????
Why would you want to go through the trouble? But yes, offsprings would probably be safe to feed.