PDA

View Full Version : Sling survivability in a parcel in the wrong hands... :7

Vys
05-30-2003, 11:39 AM
I ordered some T's(2 slings, among others) from a reputable guy in Germany last week, and he sent them this monday, thinking for sure they'd arrive here today.
Of course, they didn't, and I'm wondering how long a sling can survive in a package going through the mail ? :/ I trust the guy is a fairly good packer, but a week definitely seems like pushing it, it seems to me..what are your thoughts?
I have not a shred of a doubt that the parcel got stuck somewhere in the Swedish Postal-Service's hands, rather than some place in Deutschland. They probably stuffed it in a shed somewhere and forgot about it.

..Somedays I just can't wait for the United States of Europe.....:mad:

RugbyDave
05-30-2003, 12:06 PM
Vys wrote:
..Somedays I just can't wait for the United States of Europe.....

be careful what you wish for.... :)

as for the slings, i've heard complete horror stories about packages being left for a couple days, or packages being delivered like 5 days late, all with great endings..

and then i've heard some horror stories about packages that were on time, but with dead slings..

so i guess i say:
just wait and hope...
hopefully the packing job was good, but even then......

just have to wait and see i suppose....

i feel like someone just posted recently about a package they ordered that was really late (or some crazy story), but all the slings were in perfect condition...

it just depends i guess!

hej hej
peace
dave

Vys
05-30-2003, 12:49 PM
Hmm...I guess the main cause of death would be lack of water, yes? :/
Are Aureostriatas or...wait, no one would know about the other..anyways, are Aureostriatas inclined towards wetness any?(I don't think they hail from the rainforest, but not a desert-scrubland either).. I forget..

And if they're all dead, I'm going to jinx the postal people.

Edit: I don't long for a United States of Europe anymore. But I almost did for a while. Says how angry I was. Will be. On Monday, or whenever I discover which ones didn't make it.

Lopez
05-30-2003, 03:29 PM
Who is the dealer? I've had good experiences with Sven Koeppler, Thomas Vinmann and Peter Grabowitz.
I know Sven regularly mails spiders as far as the USA with no bother.

I would guess at dehydration being the major factor too, as the weather is generally mild at this time of year.
I hope your slings arrive safely - if they do not then accept my commiserations but you can't really blame the vendor.

Vys
05-30-2003, 03:34 PM
Vinmann, and I haven't once breathed about blaming the vendor, i.e him. Only the Swedish Postal Office, or whatever the translation would be. If they are dead by desiccation..I will be vred.

RugbyDave
05-30-2003, 03:37 PM
i would say dehydration and/or rough package handling...

i think they'd probably give you a refund or send you the same slings again or credit you or something, right?

i don't know youre dealer's policies... some are real good about that (resend new slings, giving you credit for slings of the same price/type...)

good luck man!
peace
dave