Found these

Tim R.

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Pretty attractive, I'm assuming they're Red sided millis(Sigmoria aberrans). What I've found online says they feed on dying vegitation and rotting wood. What would you recommend feeding them? Thanks

Frank

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Very nice species :)

Pate could give you alot more informations, she found some (she lives in Alabama) a while ago. If I'm right, they don't like to climb, and as they're millipedes, they are eating vegetables and fruits. As they are from Alabama, they need a pretty high humidity level. Your setup looks good. Put you should remove the plastic plant.. millipedes will try to eat everything.. and plastic might not be good for them, if ever they can eat it (don't worry for the water dish, but the plastic plant is kinda easier to take a snack at it). You're right for the latin name too. I've read that those can secrete a more powerful cianide than normal millipedes. I heard that it can kill other smaller inverts.. so watch out and remember to clean your hands!! :)

Give us news and pictures :)

Frank

Tim R.

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Thankyou Frank:)
The plant is gone now. I'm new to millipedes, I have a handfull of T's and a scorp but these are all new to me:D I appreciate the info.

Thanks,Tim <><

Neo

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Awww man you can catch those?

All I can find are some little 1/2 inch millipedes that make my hand smell like crap after touching them. Grrr its so unfair....

Steven

pede-a-holic
Old Timer
Damn, i'm searching a whole time now for when some of those species are gonna be sold here in Europe, only seen a couple of those little flat African ones beeing sold,...

Those are common in US, aren't they?

Is it legally in the US to export some milipedes to Europe??? ;)

anyway, they look really nice and colorfull

greetz

Tim R.

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Neo, Gongyles...Thanks for the compliments. I know how ya feel Neo, I wish we had T's here but we don't.

I must admit, I was surprised how nice they look, I've lived in North Carolina 8 years and have never seen them before but then I've never looked either. I found these three 12 inches apart in leaf litter right after a rain. A friend tells me theres also a yellow and back form as well.

I beleive they are somewhat common. Not sure about the whole export ordeal though.