Pet spider kills its owner

Scorpendra

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
i remember seeing this before. i think it's a load of bull, especially since it says a "Spider expert and animal cruelty officer" (which is an oxymoron) said
“He had spiders so aggressive they are the equivalent of a pit-bull in the animal world.”

Ted

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
of course its bullfeathers
termites wont feed on humans.

Last edited:

Sharpy808

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I lined in Australia for 4 years and if i remember right (its been a while) the sun is kinda a tabloid paper. Correct me if im wrong

sick4x4

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
i think people watched arachnophobia one two many times......:wall:

matthias

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
yes the Sun is a tabloid rag.
She said: “He had spiders so aggressive they are the equivalent of a pit-bull in the animal world.”
Last I checked spiders and reptiles were still animals,so much for their "expert".
It was complete and utter horse hocky!:wall: :wall: :wall: :wall:

Laceface

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Haha, I saw that before, people are silly. Only bad part, is those who take it as fact... Poor animals, they dont deserve the bad name.

dragonblade71

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
"Giant webs draped him, spiders were all over him. They were coming out of his nose and his mouth."

That's one of the most ridiculous things Ive ever read.

"There was everything there one could imagine in the world of reptiles."

I can't imagine what's so bad about that.

"Larger pieces of flesh torn off by the lizards were scooped up and taken back to the webs of tarantulas and other bird-eating spiders.”

I laughed out loud when I read that.

"One tarantula had built a nest the size of a swallow’s in a corner of the ceiling."

Tarantulas don't make nests, let alone in the ceiling!

pitbulllady

Arachnoking
Old Timer
"Giant webs draped him, spiders were all over him. They were coming out of his nose and his mouth."

That's one of the most ridiculous things Ive ever read.

"There was everything there one could imagine in the world of reptiles."

I can't imagine what's so bad about that.

"Larger pieces of flesh torn off by the lizards were scooped up and taken back to the webs of tarantulas and other bird-eating spiders.”

I laughed out loud when I read that.

"One tarantula had built a nest the size of a swallow’s in a corner of the ceiling."

With WHAT would a tarantula "scoop up" flesh, a shovel? Tarantulas also do not live in webs, not the sort of webs that most people associate with spiders. Sadly, there are people who believe garbage like this, like what is printed in the US counterpart, the "Weekly World News", over what someone who keeps the animals, or someone from the real scientific community like Dr. Bryan G. Frye or Rick West will tell them, when it comes to animals like spiders and snakes. A National Geographic documentary won't carry anywhere near the "weight" as movies like Anaconda or Eight-Legged Freaks when it comes to establishing people's ideas about certain animals.

pitbulllady.

Stylopidae

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Avicularia do.

I wouldn't worry too much about this story. As someone already said, this newspaper isn't exactly a reliable source so it won't exactly attract too much scrutiny.

phil jones

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
the sun is only good for one thing thats page 3 if you do not know why all i can say is every day a girl is on that page with no top on you know what i am saying ----- PHIL

dragonblade71

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
"Tarantulas don't make nests, let alone in the ceiling!"

"Avicularia do."

Ah...I stand corrected. So there is at least one species of spider that makes a nest. Though would an Avicularia make a nest in the corner of a ceiling?

xsmacks

Arachnopeon
I am from Germany, not far away from the hometown of this guy. Never heard about that! I think the newspaper tells a lie to push their sellings. A case like this would have been in every tv show and every newspaper here in germany. as i said before, never heard about it. Just a fake story. In german we call that behavior of journalism "Sommerloch"..., because in summer there is oftne nothing of interest to write about so they must create something.

Drachenjager

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
In german we call that behavior of journalism "Sommerloch"..., because in summer there is oftne nothing of interest to write about so they must create something.

In Texas we call it BS ! Ist Stierscheiße auf Deutsche.
Because well it is lol

hardtohandle

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
You can actually tell from the photos if it is indeed real.

That is plain and simple sensational journalism... In the Philippines, you'll get a lot of that stuff, that's what we eat for breakfast, hehehehhe!{D

Moltar

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I suppose certain parts of this story could be true but FFS definitely not all of it!

Nest in corner of the ceiling? OK, sure, an arboreal might do that.

A widow might have caused his death but i think it's unlikely. My understanding is that a death via widow bite is rare and would not occur quickly. He would have had plenty of time to get to the hospital for antivenom. Maybe he was bitten in his sleep?

Spiders taking chunks of his body back to their web? Termites eating his flesh? C'mon people. That's rediculous. last time i checked termites eat wood and spiders don't carry steak knives.

It was good for a laugh tho'!