life span

angel of death

Arachnopeon
does any one know the life span of a scolopendra polymorpha or any other scolopendra sp. thank you

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I don't know but I have heard things from some other people. So this is more like a comment than an answer to your question. So read it lightly. At the local pet stores, they say they only last a few months! I know that's not true. These people are mostly talking about the pedes in the stores. And I personally think allot of the pet stores have mite problems. I don't remember who it was, but there was someone on the forum that said they had kept their S. h. castaneiceps for 8 years. That sounds more reasonable to me. Several years ago, I came across a website that described S. h. castaneiceps, and this professor claimed they could live up to 20 years. It is a mystery to me too. All my previous pedes died from mites starting back in the late 80's and through the 90's. Every pede I caught, died of mites. I was starting to think they didn't live long. Now I know what was going on and starting over after giving up for years. I would like to hear personal experiences too. What's your oldest pede? What's the longest time you have kept a centipede alive? I think I'm staying in line with the thread, aren't I?