Help!

Ax586

Arachnopeon
my rosie just molted, within several hours, i just noticed and although he/she looks beautiful, he/she is not moving at all(evan after tapping the glass... i know i shouldnt have but it was my first reaction). it does not appear dead b/c it is not curing up. is this normal?

grammostola1953

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
This is normal post-molt behavior. It will be still/slow for a few days to a week, depending on age.
BTW, it's not nice to tap on the glass...ever.
Read the "Sticky" re: Rose Hairs. It has a lot of good info. ;)

Henry Kane

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Perfectly normal. Molting is a pretty intense deal for a T and takes a lot out of them. As a general rule with any species, T's should be left completly undisturbed just prior, during and after a molt, for at least a couple days, depending on their size.

TAke care.

Atrax

WayneT

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Ax586 said:
my rosie just molted, within several hours, i just noticed and although he/she looks beautiful, he/she is not moving at all(evan after tapping the glass... i know i shouldnt have but it was my first reaction). it does not appear dead b/c it is not curing up. is this normal?
If I'm reading this right he/she just molted several hours ago? Well, when they molt and upright themselves, they are in a weakened state. My B. smithi's especially will upright themselves and sit in a semi curled up position for several hours. He/she should be fine tomorrow. :D

Ax586

Arachnopeon
thanks for the quick repleys, although this is my first molt, ive read alot about them, i had just never heard of this behavior.another q- should i attemt to recover the molt or wait till tommaro?

Henry Kane

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
You're best to wait a couple days at least. The molt won't be going anywhere on it's own. ;) If you absolutely can't wait, taking the mnolt out tomorrow shouldn't be a big deal. I just tend to err on the side of caution. Less stressfull to the T.

Take care.

Atrax