Getting these bicolors!

JMurphy97

Arachnopeon
I should be getting these nice little devils next wednesday from thiscodia! Seeing how small and young how long should I expect to wait til I'm able to see if I can get a breeding pair?

Brian S

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
It depends on how well you can see, LOL

You need to count the teeth on the pectines and at that size if you can count them your eyes are alot better than mine LOL

BTW, raise them separately or you wont need to worry about what their sex is ;)

JMurphy97

Arachnopeon
Do you have to pick them up to see? I'll be keeping them in their own critter keeper or shoe box by the way.

hotbugs62

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
COOL! I bred those back in '93. Temps and feeding play a part in how fast they grow too. I sold all my babies before they reached adults so I'm not quite sure how long it takes but some did grow faster than others even with the same care.

RichardMorris

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Probably in the 8 - 12 month range if they grow fast.

I had LQ's smaller than that (2i). My success is by feeding to excess (I started with wingless fruit flies, and pinheads).

Do not put a water dish in the tank unless you mostly fill it with sand. These little jewels will go right in and drown.

The flies crawl right out of the tank, the pinheads die off fast due to the low humidity. But I recommend them both. And it's real easy to keep the fly culture going.

I can't really see how handling these would be good at this point. Unless you have a really decent closeup lens, you will have trouble looking at the underside. But the clear plastic container is the way to do it if you must.

Nice looking scorpions. Enjoy!

Xaranx

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
When doing mine I just put them in an empty 2.5g aquarium and then put a glass bowl over them to keep them still.