Pre-Molt time for Avicularia?

ReMoVeR

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
My avic is about 3.1" normal/streched standing and molted last 18th october since she has blocked her web a couple of days ago i would like to know for how long it should take to molt.. and the temperatures vary from about 68-74 or smthin like that so they are not too high.

Tkz in advance and sorry for the boring question! :f

:?

//Tiago

clam1991

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
you may want to get the temp up some and make sure the humidity is in the appropriate range

other than that she'll know what to do;)

gvfarns

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
You can't really tell from that information. For all you and I know she's not even in premolt.

gvfarns

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Actually, though, I shouldn't leave you on a downer like that.

Avicularia grow fastish and yours is young, so it should molt relatively frequently. And blocking itself off is frequently a sign of premolt. So hopefully it is.

Unfortunately it's almost impossible to estimate time from that behavior to molting because T's are so different from each other, even within the same species. Sometimes they will act normal until like right before they are going to molt, other times they will cut themselves off from the world for months before doing it.

That's probably not what you are looking for, though. You probably want educated (and even uneducated guesses). If I had to guess in your case I'd say a few weeks, like 3 maybe.

Corranthe

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Avicularia grow fastish and yours is young, so it should molt relatively frequently. And blocking itself off is frequently a sign of premolt.
But to be totally realistic, "should" and "do" are two different things. I have had an A. metallica sling since Feb. of 2008 that is currently the size of my thumbnail. It has only molted twice in my care.

Protectyaaaneck

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Yeah I have to say that a. avicularia and a. metallica have been some of my slowest growers out of all my avics. My a. avic started to web up again finally, looks like a molt might be coming soon :p

ohh yeah and i forgot to mention amazonica grow relatively slow as well.