Woodlouse Hunter communally?

gbatemper

Arachnopeon
I am planning to make a communal tank, with Millipedes (Ranging from Immature to Mature), Madagascar Hissing Cockroaches (Adult), Isopods and Springtails.

Would it be safe to put several Woodlouse Hunters to control the Isopod population? Or would it attack the Millipedes and Roaches?

Last edited:

Ciphor

Arachnoprince
I am planning to make a communal tank, with Millipedes (Ranging from Immature to Mature), Madagascar Hissing Cockroaches (Adult), Isopods and Springtails.

Would it be safe to put several Woodlouse Hunters to control the Isopod population? Or would it attack the Millipedes and Roaches?
This spiders main diet is Isopods & Beetles. It is not inconceivable that one might try a roach or millipede, however pretty unlikely as long as you have enough Isopods in the tank. Spiders are opportunistic by nature. Just make sure you don't give the spiders the opportunity to eat the other cohabitants by not giving them enough Isopods.

gbatemper

Arachnopeon
This spiders main diet is Isopods & Beetles. It is not inconceivable that one might try a roach or millipede, however pretty unlikely as long as you have enough Isopods in the tank. Spiders are opportunistic by nature. Just make sure you don't give the spiders the opportunity to eat the other cohabitants by not giving them enough Isopods.
Okay, thanks! I'll try the setup, keep plenty of Isopods, and temporarily place my AGB in a seperate tank just in case.

John Apple

Just a guy
Old Timer
kept a lot of D. crocata...very cool spiders that live more than a couple years....I have 3 that are living in my 'pod' tank along with a generous bevy of leaf litter livers....they all seem to have a to each his own philosophy.....two live under the same cork piece and one is at the other end......Oh yeah they also make a pretty cool fangs bared threat display