How long a sling can survive w/o drink

aLDoDarK

Arachnoknight
Yeah, I'm just want to make sure how long a little sling can survive without a drink, as I know that we can't put a bowl of water in the sling enclosure, and even the enclosure is just way too small for even a little bowl, so I always mist the enclosure wall for the water supply, but currently my sling is already in premolt, and I don't want to disturb her by misting it. any idea guys?

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Premolt means they need extra water, so keep on misting. It will be fine.

Storm76

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
I've 2 A.amazonica slings that seem to be in premolt and I do mist their enclosures every other day. It's quick and I don't mess with the spiders at all. Just be careful not to mist the T itself!

aLDoDarK

Arachnoknight
Thanks guys! I've misted the enclosure by now, need to be really careful afraid that I spray the Ts. Anyway what will happen if I accidentally spray the Ts? anything bad will happen? cos I just thinking that it's only the top of the body, not too close to the booklungs

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Try not to spray the T, but if you do, its no problem. They dont like it, but it wont hurt them.

SC Tarantulas

Arachnoknight
Thanks guys! I've misted the enclosure by now, need to be really careful afraid that I spray the Ts. Anyway what will happen if I accidentally spray the Ts? anything bad will happen? cos I just thinking that it's only the top of the body, not too close to the booklungs
Nothing bad will happen if you accidentally mist the sling. They may not like it to much.... but that's about it. I use a small eye dropper to add moisture to my sling enclosures and it works great.

aLDoDarK

Arachnoknight
@catfishrod69 : hmmm.. when I sprayed the enclosure, my Ts just ran away, guess that you're right. but at least it won't make me afraid harming the Ts

@Brad : hey, that's kinda good idea to use an eye dropper, should try it then =D

@Hotflakes : I often spray the enclosure, just when it looks a little dry, cos today I've just found molds on it, guess that my enclosure is just too humid.

Jared781

Arachnobaron
Slings need more liquids than juvi's or adults in my opinion... ALL my slings are constantly head first in the water dish, (which i supply for all me slings a water bottle lid but just enough water to barely cover the bottom) as they're constantly going in there then crawling back out when done.. I also wet a corner of their enclosure for their perference between the two, and again 100% they always choose the dish, so i figured it has to be a good sign?? :/ Water dishes are great for species like GBB, G. rosea and other arids' because in my opinion its better than damping the sub ?? just put enough water in there to cover the bottom or even half, If you decide to give this a try

peterUK

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I buy and swop hundreds of slings every year to grow on to sell/swop to get other species that I do not currently have. At the moment I have approx 400 slings growing on and I've never supplied water for slings or juveniles nor do I mist their tubs. If their substrate is slightly damp and they get regular weekly feeds then IMHO there is no need to supply water.

aLDoDarK

Arachnoknight
I buy and swop hundreds of slings every year to grow on to sell/swop to get other species that I do not currently have. At the moment I have approx 400 slings growing on and I've never supplied water for slings or juveniles nor do I mist their tubs. If their substrate is slightly damp and they get regular weekly feeds then IMHO there is no need to supply water.
any idea on treating a G.Pulchripes, B albo & B.smithi, I tried to use a dump substrate for G.Pulchripes, but it doesn't seem like it.. but I'm afraid that it can get a hydration because of the dry subs. and any suggestion for albo and smithi