Do Tarantula's Clean Themselves?!

Kisato

Arachnopeon
Hoya! I just got my tarantula today ^_^ I wanted a GBB but all they had were mexican stuff and one rose hair or...something, so i got the rose hair, and man is he pretty! (i think its a he o.o) anyway, Kenji(thats his name >.>) well, he's opening or lifting his fangs up, and setting his little feet inside his mouth and cleaning them with the soft fuzzy parts of his fangs! or something o.o thats the easiest way i can explain it fer ya ^^; Hope ya understand. But i was just wondering if thats a way of cleaning themselves x_X *looks over* i think he stopped o.o hehe ^_^ Oh, and i was wondering, fer a rose hair or something, how can you tell when they begin their molt? Thankyou! =D

Haploman

ArachnoEarthTiger
Old Timer
tarantula bath lol

yes thats the way they groom themselves

caligulathegod

Arachnodeity
Old Timer
Yup, that's how tarantula's clean themselves. Almost like a kitty cat, especially the fangs and mouthparts. As to the molt, I think it's hard to tell with a Rose. Usually I can tell a molt is coming when my spiders stop eating. Then the butt turns black and then I know it is soon. Rosies are notorious for long fasts, so you might not be able to tell until it's on its back. My rosie would get kind of sluggish (more than usual, even) before a molt.

caligulathegod

Arachnodeity
Old Timer
Tarantula bath.

"Rubber spider, you're the one. You make bathtime lotsa fun. Rubber spider, I'm aw-fully fond of youuuuu."

Attachments

Haploman

ArachnoEarthTiger
Old Timer
lmao

caligula,
you have way too much time on your hands lol jk funny pic

Mendi

Arachnowolf
Old Timer
That's just too cute!

By the way, did she react ok when you first started bathing her, or did she keep screaming until you had to buy the plastic spider?;P

xBurntBytheSunx

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
mine always looks like it's rubbing its belly or something, i can't tell if its cleaning or just scratching

Malhavoc's

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I rahter enjoy watching my T's eat.. for some of them its the only time I see them with fangs fully extended

sunnymarcie

Celestial Spider
Old Timer
"Rubber spider, you're the one. You make bathtime lotsa fun. Rubber spider, I'm aw-fully fond of youuuuu."

ROTFLMAO@Caligula!!!!!!!!
I almost blew my coffee through my nose when I saw that!

vulpina

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Good pic Caligula!!!! T's groom themselves quite alot actually. I've yet to bathe them like Caligula though!!LOL!!!

Andy

MizM

Arachnoprincess
Old Timer
Oh man, you are WAY TOO GOOD!! Donn'tcha just LOVE Photoshop?

But please, warn me next time, I just about blew Diet Dr. Pepper all over my keyboard!=D

ratluvr76

Arachnodemon
Tarantula bath.

I know this thread is ancient but props man.. this is epic and awesome.! Can I save this image and use it as my FB picture for a while?

Poec54

Arachnoemperor
Very clean animals. You need to get Stan Schultz's book, 3rd edition, to get you up to speed on the basics.

vespers

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Very clean animals. You need to get Stan Schultz's book, 3rd edition, to get you up to speed on the basics.
You're responding to an 11 year old post/question. The newbies resurrected it because they like the photoshop joke.

Poec54

Arachnoemperor
You're responding to an 11 year old post/question. The newbies resurrected it because they like the photoshop joke.
Geez, I never check dates on these things. The OP could have died of old age by now.