Nhandu chromatus question

jbalboa1981

Arachnopeon
Not sure when they lay egg sacs in the wild, but I know when mine flicks it hairs at me in captivity!!!!! Everytime I open the cage. LOL. Sorry, couldn't be more helpful.

korg

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Any particular reason you want to know? If it's for captive breeding purposes, you don't need to simulate any particular climatic conditions to induce sac dropping, etc.

TarantulaGuy84

Arachnopeon
I would read through the breeding reports section and make sure your answer isn't in there, and if not, message the users who have posted in the breeding reports to see what they did.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

Poec54

Arachnoemperor
Males and females don't grow at the same rate they would in the wild, due to differences in captive temps and feeding, nor mature at the specific times they do in the wild, so I wouldn't expect egg laying to follow a defined pattern either.

Last edited:

JadeWilliamson

Arachnoknight
My girl laid eggs a few days ago. I wanted to look up weather patterns for the months N chromatus would generally drop sacs and see how similar they are compared to how I'm going to keep her. I've got no worries about taking care of the sac but I wanted to do a bit of research for curiosity's sake.

Blut und ehre

Arachnoknight
Hi there!!
My girl dropped in April 5,2013.......if that is any help.
She had about 535 slings......that grow real slow![compared to some other species]!
Good luck with the sac!