P. Cavimanus

lalachill

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Got my P. Cavimanus yesterday along with an H. Longi! I dont know what instar she/he is but she/he is very active. She/he climbs the side of its encoduse... Maybe she/he has not adapt in its new home w/ moist coco peat as the substrate.. but i cant help worrying.. I'll just be patient right??

Is this pic good enough to be sexed?

gromgrom

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
they will do that for a few days
after a week it should be fine and at home.
assuming it has a place to "hide"

SixShot666

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
That's normal behavior for the first couple of days. No worries!!!

xVOWx

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
An adult male Pandinus cavimanus will have an indent on it's chela.

Cowin8579

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I can't believe you were able to get the cavi on your hand lol. If I didn't get attacked by mine, it would probably run right off before the picture.

xVOWx

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Thanks Sixshot :). And I agree with Cowin, the one I had was a pretty feisty SOB, wouldn't hesitate to attack the water spray when I was misting. I wouldn't think of putting my HAND anywhere near the one I had. But temperaments do vary from scorp to scorp and species generalities aren't always 100%.

SixShot666

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Agree with you there regarding personalities varies from scorpions to scorpions. My emperor was the meanest and baddest MF'er ever to walk on 4 pairs of legs. ;P

RoachGirlRen

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Lovely cav you have there! I miss mine; it passed away earlier last year. They're beautiful scorps. And echoing others, yes, the behavior is normal. Do you have a hide in there? Even though they burrow, they appreciate having something they can get under until a burrow is dug. That might reduce the behavior a bit.