Is my enclosure too big?

LV-426

Arachnobaron
I have one N chromatus 3''inches and a 13x7x7 enclosure with a hide. Is this too big for my T and should i get an smaller sized tupperwear container like 6 inches diameter?:?

Londoner

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
It's not too big, but your T may not use all the tank (which isn't really a problem). As Ts are generally "sit and wait" ambush predators, there's a small chance prey items go uneaten if they stay at the opposite end to the T. It could certainly live happily in a smaller enclosure also. Tank size just seems to be one of those details where everyone has their own personal preferences. One of the pluses to having a "larger" enclosure is that you won't have to rehouse as often :).

WARPIG

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Should be fine, I have a 2.5 gal tank for 3" T's, roughly the same size, and my T's have no prob.

PIG-

LV-426

Arachnobaron
Thanks, i am just gonna give her some time to get adjusted before i feed her, i think my main concern was not eating due being in to big an enclosure

popcangenie

Arachnosquire
sorry to butt in buy i have a 3 inch p irmina freshly molted is it big enough to go in a 45 x 30 x 30 cm exo terra (the stand up ones )its filled up alot with coco fiber wood and fake leaves....