Flat dubias?

Anonymity82

Arachnoprince
I only have a handful of roaches because my Ts wont eat them. They have been molting and now they look flat. I give them dog food + a wet papertowel once a week. Are they starving or dehydrated? Anybody notice this with their dubia? Just curious. Thanks!

SC Tarantulas

Arachnoknight
The only dubias I have seen that are "flat" are the ones that burrow in the enclosure and are found during cleaning some time later. If setup and fed properly you should have nice fat dubias.

Anonymity82

Arachnoprince
I really didn't want to keep them but I feel to bad to toss them out in the cold. They really aren't a big problem or anything I just don't have any need for them. I'll throw in some veggies and see how they do after that. I give them a wet paper towel once a week that they gravitate to after a couple of days when it's not as damp so I'm guessing they are drinking from it, but I might just get some water gel crystals anyway. I'd only need to throw in a couple of cubes since I usually don't have more than a 8 crickets plus the 5-7 roaches in there. They are a dream to care for too. When I clean out the container I put them in, I just put the egg crate on the counter and they don't go anywhere. It's too bad they didn't work out for me.