Albino Scorpion

Lizamphid

Arachnopeon
Hi
just been on a forum based in the Uk, and seen a picture of what appears to be an albino with red eyes, now...the debate is, thats its not possable to get an Albino scorp... so i thought i would ask the experts on here...is it possable?
:confused:

~Abyss~

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Do you have the link? I have my own thought but I wanna see the pictures for myself.

~Abyss~

Arachnoking
Old Timer
can somone give me the url to the picture i cant see it on this computer.

~Abyss~

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Much obliged...woah doesnt look like a fresh molt. Nor albino. Might be looking at a really cool new morph if the person knows how to breed them.

ZooRex

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Wow, way cool! Definatly looks like a new phase/morph. The dude on the original site isn't exactly correct, it doesn't need to be stark white with red eyes to be an albino, it just needs to lack black pigment. ~ Rex

~Abyss~

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Thats right. And comple lack of any pigmentation is Leucism

dairy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
It would be interesting to see (assuming you could isolate and breed for this morph) the effects of UV light. I know it's not good in large doses for a regular scorp, but I wonder if this one can handle even a small amount. Anyone ever heard of this being encountered and recorded outside of captivity from a reliable source?

Anthony Straus

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Cool mutation. Breed that ish and see what happens. If all offspring are black its probably recessive....than breed two of the black offspring together and hope for 4:1 black:white babies...this is neato for sure!

~Abyss~

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Thats exactly what I would do. Get some blondies into the Scorp world

Vidaro

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
well...its impossible for a scorpion to be albino coz it allready lack melanin, think about it , if it was possible it would be like 30% of each breed would turn out to b albino since they mate between siblings and parents. Thats how they make albino reptiles and even mammals like tigers and lions sometimes.
Its probably somethings else that effects the exoskeleton in a way like that, maybe the exoskeleton lacks something that stops it from hardening and make it look like that.
However it looks preety awesome

Shagrath666

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
im pretty sure the term for that which is albino but not albino is eulucid, lacking pigment in some areas but not a total lack.

Lizamphid

Arachnopeon
Thanks for all your replys, a well interesting scorp. pity i didnt own it, could be worth a few bucks???
best wishers

kbekker

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
well...its impossible for a scorpion to be albino coz it allready lack melanin, think about it , if it was possible it would be like 30% of each breed would turn out to b albino since they mate between siblings and parents. Thats how they make albino reptiles and even mammals like tigers and lions sometimes.
Its probably somethings else that effects the exoskeleton in a way like that, maybe the exoskeleton lacks something that stops it from hardening and make it look like that.
However it looks preety awesome
They lack melanin? Other inverts produce black pigmentation through melanin.

~Abyss~

Arachnoking
Old Timer
It could just me a color morph guy....either way I'm almost positive you can breed more.

Vidaro

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
They lack melanin? Other inverts produce black pigmentation through melanin.
there is no melanin on the shell of the scorpion. if there was they wouldnt glow.
As the other poster said on the forum of that picture they have melanin only arround the eyes and he said an other place to. notice that those are the only areas that dont glow. they might produce melanin on the skin underneath it though but thats a different story