My first molt

Don Budge

Arachnopeon
I got home from work today and my G. rosea has molted. This is my first T, and I have only had her for three, weeks. I though that it might be ready to molt because she hasn't eaten yet. I'm very excited, but I have a question. Should I remove the old body that is left in the cage? Other than that, I think that I just leave her alone, right?

Sterlingspider

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I got home from work today and my G. rosea has molted. This is my first T, and I have only had her for three, weeks. I though that it might be ready to molt because she hasn't eaten yet. I'm very excited, but I have a question. Should I remove the old body that is left in the cage? Other than that, I think that I just leave her alone, right?
Congratulations!

You don't have to take out the skin, worst comes to worst she'll bury it in a corner somewhere.

I like to snag it once they've moved away from it though. They seem to treat it like it's in the way, and I like the opportunity to check size and sex.

Don Budge

Arachnopeon
She has been in her hide since I got home, but right after I posted my question, I looked over and she is now on top of the body and kind of kneading it with her legs and fangs.

arrowhd

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Some of my T's will kind of hang around the molt for a couple of days. Some don't. Not sure why. There is no harm in leaving the molt where it is. Most of us get anxious to retrieve the molt to sex the T.

You're T will require a period of time to physically recover after a molt. It's probably a good idea to leave it be for at least 24-48 hours. Wait until your T's fangs have hardened to offer food. That could take a few days or a few weeks depending on the age/size of your T. Good luck.