I need something nasty

Euronymous

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I am looking to get some new T's, and already have a few species lined up. I want to get something very aggressive and active (not a hole pet). Any ideas?

Thompson08

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
How about an S. calceatum ? They are very aggressive and SUPER fast. They are arboreal so you need a cage with more hight then ground space. Also they have a very nasty bite, so don't get bit if you get one lol ;P

Thompson08

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
oh and you can get a less aggressive H. maculata. Those are more runners than fighters, still a very bad bite :p

7mary3

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
S. calceatum, swear to god.

Mine is pure freaking evil. She's faster, meaner, and more everything than any of my other Ts. She comes out at the slightest provocation (I mean anything) and she goes straight to a threat pose, with venom dripping.

Euronymous

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I have a Eucratoscelus Longiceps (stout leg) thats pretty fun, when you can see her. Transfers are very fun, I just put a paint brush in the cage and she latches on. I just move the paint brush over to what ever I am moving her into. Very convenient. So C. Calceatum, is brutal. Sounds good to me. Are they pretty active during the day? I quess I could look a a care sheet, but are they burrowers?

DreadLobster

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I am looking for more of a roach holocaust than a hospital visit. Thanks though.
If you're trying to run insects and other small animals into extinction without feeling threatened yourself, then LP's are the way to go.

Moltar

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I think you mean E pachypus for the tanzanian Stout Leg. I have two and they're a blast although I wouldn't really call them aggro, just very active at times and they don't know how little they are.

You may do well to take a look at some of the big NW jungle thumpers. P cancerides, N coloratovillosus, A geniculata, T blondi... All of those may not be the MOST aggressive species out there but they do put on a very good show. They're a lot more "stand and fight" than most other species so what they may lack in enthusiasm they more than make up for in boldness. Also those varieties tend to be big eaters so the roach holocaust you mention is certainly likely.

The one T I know that I can depend on for a big, nasty threat display every time is my N coloratovillosus. That's a bold statement when you consider I have (or had in some cases) 4 haplopelmas, 2 P murinus, H gigas, P cambridgei and so on...

ThomasH

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I would go for a C. schioedtei. They kill any thing in front of you. They are large and aggressive. They burrow but mine only burrowed a tad. It was usually out in the open chilling during the day but at night it climbed to the top of the cage. I had a screen lid and I heard the little bugger every night moving around.
TBH

johnharper

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
What about a H. Minax? I have heard they are nasty and very fast.
Never owned any though.

the nature boy

Arachnoking
Old Timer
S. calceatum!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!

S. calceatum, swear to god.

Mine is pure freaking evil. She's faster, meaner, and more everything than any of my other Ts. She comes out at the slightest provocation (I mean anything) and she goes straight to a threat pose, with venom dripping.
Ok, folks. I'm going to make this real clear. If you haven't owned an S. calceatum you have no friggin' right flapping your gums about how bad haps, OBTs, H. macs--you name it--are. We're talking about a creature that is pure, calculated, demonic evil. It will not like you and you will not like it (well, unless you dig being scared of something as I do). In addition to the gentle disposition it is as fast as anything out there and packs a venom that is as hot as it gets. Oh, and it can jump. Really jump. My favorite species hands down. GO GET ONE!!!

--the nature boy