Quick Reference guide to answer common questions
So I thought I would try and put links and information collected over the years into one thread, to try and make it easier for new members to find answers to all the simple questions asked over and over and over again, and also for all of us veterans to be able to have quick "reference" as well as something to direct the new members to when they ask for help.
So, here's a quick table of contents and hopefully this will end up as a sticky! ;)
Table of Contents:
- Anything and Everything About G. rosea (Chilean Rose Hair)
- Basic Tarantula Anatomy
- Premolt and Molting
- Scientific Name Pronunciation
- Substrate Choices and Preferences
- Enclosure Choices and Preferences
- "What species should I get next?"
- Roaches vs Crickets vs Mealworms vs Everything Else
- Communal Setups
- "I want a spider that..."
- Species Care Sheets
- Feeding Schedules/Quantities
- Heat Mats/Lamps/Packs
- Old World/New World
- Species List Without Tibial Spurs
- General Good Reading
I'm sure I'll be adding more to the Table of Contents as this thread matures.
Anything and Everything About G. rosea (Chilean Rose Hair)
There is already a sticky on the care requirements for G. rosea that every hobbyist should read:
I'm not really going to get into any more specifics here, because this thread pretty much covers it all. It's good reading, so read it! :}
Scientific Name Pronunciation:
Substrate Choices and Preferences
Enclosure Choices and Preferences
A search for the word 'enclosure' in the title:
(lots of results, mixed subtopics, very good search!)
"What species should I get next?"
Roaches vs Crickets vs Mealworms vs Everything Else