Genus Heteroscodra

Choobaine

Arachnobaron
Old Timer

I'm in love with this baby.
still quite little, 3" legspan or so
praying I might get a female! when it moults we shall know!

JanPhilip

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Finaly got myself an H. maculata, after a long time of thinking:

Its pretty as hell, and not nearly as crazy is i thought. The H. incei slings i had were much worse, and 10times faster. But it still has some time to grow into beeing a beast {D I love her either way.

jbm150

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Here's pictures of my new acquisition, Pandora. She's about 3 inches long and very shy. Originally was going to get a pokie but wound up with an H. mac. Can't say I'm displeased about that :)

Enclosure

Big corkbark on left was her hangout when I got her but then she found the small corkbark tube on right and now has a web burrow in it.

Chillin'

Hanging out in her original spot. She's a pretty girl

First meal

Her first cricket (that I saw her eat) in her burrow. She looks so angry

Out exploring

Only catch her like this in the middle of the night or first thing in the morning. Otherwise, she's sleeping in her burrow.

jbm150

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Coupla more shots of pandora

Before her nightly jaunt

Lurking

Draiman

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Pandora is lovely. :) I can't wait till mine gets to that size and starts showing some color.

jbm150

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Thanks, she's still pretty small, only about 3 inches. I really wasn't positive she was a female because she actually looks kinda brown. The flash on the camera shows that she has her white coloring. I think after one more molt, she'll look even more striking.

jbm150

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Wow, great shots of the eyes. I didn't realized they were recessed in little depressions. I wish my camera had a macro like that!

dalitan

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
i have 2.5 cm maculata...in what size can i determine that my mac is a female or male?..in what size where the real coloration of H. mac be shown?...

they said male is kinda brown and female is creamy white color?...when will i see this?..

thank you...

jbm150

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I'm not positive but I think around 2 inches or so, you should start to see the transition. My girl is about 3 inches and in low light, she still has a brownish look to her. In the light though, the white comes out and she gets that "bone" look (i don't know how to describe that). One more molt and she should be totally good to go.