curiousme & Mr. Gone's picture thread

curiousme

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
They're so cute when they're that small. :p
Cute, but deserves a speeding ticket!:D The day that picture was taken, it used my body as its own personal jungle gym. i think the only places it never got to, was my back and my neck and head. Legs, arms, chest, it was all over and all i could do was try and wait the little pokemon out. i have no desire to handle it or any other speedy T again, i was way too worried that is was going to hurt itself. Did you notice in the pics that it lost a leg and regenerated it? Forgot to include that.......

Fred

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
haha I thought so. I just recently got into them. They are indeed a pretty rad band! They've been around for a lot longer than I thought.

curiousme

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
haha I thought so. I just recently got into them. They are indeed a pretty rad band! They've been around for a lot longer than I thought.
i think i heard their first single(she don't use jelly) when i was still in high school(mid '90's), but didn't really get into them until after i was with Mr. Gone. Though i had heard several things by them and liked it, it wasn't until HE got into them that i did. :D

curiousme

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
A. metallica

We no longer have this T, but he was the one that broke my last string of denial about tarantulas. We though he was a she, so his name was Avy. We traded him so he could sow his proverbial oats and help keep the species in the hobby.

before he hooked out

Both of these pics were taken right before he was packed up snuggly and sent to his new home. That's a dayan, from a tabla set that he is on and Mr. Gone's back.:D

jayefbe

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I love the Haplo, just gorgeous. How often do you see her out?

curiousme

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I love the Haplo, just gorgeous. How often do you see her out?
Almost every night when putting our daughter to bed(it is in her room) she will be sitting at the top of her burrow. That's really as much as we are able to see of her, because she never comes completely out of the tunnel, at least not when we are around to see her. If you walk too heavily/ talk too loud/ cast a shadow, she will 'blink' down the tunnel before you can blink.:eek:

curiousme

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
B. vagans

Today is a good day, because we received 3 new slings. So, naturally i have new pictures to share!:D

We got 2 B. vagans slings:

Steve Calceatum

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Cute, but deserves a speeding ticket!:D The day that picture was taken, it used my body as its own personal jungle gym. i think the only places it never got to, was my back and my neck and head. Legs, arms, chest, it was all over and all i could do was try and wait the little pokemon out. i have no desire to handle it or any other speedy T again, i was way too worried that is was going to hurt itself. Did you notice in the pics that it lost a leg and regenerated it? Forgot to include that.......
No, I didn't notice that LOL!!! Need to be more observant in the future. Fast T's are a pain to handle, but what a rush!!!! My handling rule relies more on temperament. If it's more mean-spirited than my P. irminia, then I'm not exactly inclined to put that creature at the top of my list. So far, that seems to only be my S. calceatum, but I have a couple more sp. that have yet to show me their true, and charming personalities. {D

I really like that Cyriopagopus sp. "Blue," BTW. Absolutely stuning!!! However, I don't know much about that species. Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't they an arboreal that prefers to burrow?

Mad Hatter

Arachnofriend
Old Timer
Oh wow!!! Those enclosures are so great!

And they all look super healthy and A-okay!!

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Awesome T's you got there, all of them!

And amazing photography... I'm impressed with the gorgeous pictures, they are all frame worthy IMO.

I love that one picture of the P. cambridgei getting a drink of water. SO cute!

curiousme

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
P. murinus

We are going to rehouse our P. murinus, so we took her? out of her? old enclosure and have her in a temporary one that we took her in to our daughter's school. This means we can actually get some pics of the snarky little bugger!

and the money shot: What do you think? He or She.... To us, it looks like a she, but i may need to zoom in for you guys to see better......

curiousme

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
P. cambridegei

Mr. Gone snapped this awesome pic of Lilith(P. cambridgei) today....

curiousme

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I really like that Cyriopagopus sp. "Blue," BTW. Absolutely stuning!!! However, I don't know much about that species. Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't they an arboreal that prefers to burrow?
From what i understand, they burrow a lot as slings, but are more arboreal when grown up. They can get pretty big too, 8" legspan i do believe. They also have the reputation for being pretty defensive.