Cross Dressing Ts?

TheHolyToast

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
If you have had a T, or Ts that looked to be one sex ventrally than, turned out to be the opposite feel free to post your pics here.
Try to note the size that the T was in the pic if you can remember.

So far I have had 3 Ts that looked male ventrally, and than they turned out to be female.{D

I just posted this one recently in the Sexing thread as a reference, and some one there asked if I had a pic of the spermathacae, since it looks male, and I agree, but I don't have a pic. I will post one next time she molts, but I assure you the T shown here is 100% Female.

Pic here was taken shortly after the above

Also I have Two LPs where one looked male ventrally, and the other Female.
Both are Females, and around 4.5"-5" in the pic

And this is a 4" Female P. regalis. I leaned towards male, because of the "White Dot", and believe that is why others did as well.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
-----------------------Post em if you got em------------------------
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Endagr8

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Have any of these matured in your care?

Are you experienced in sexing molts?

I am 1000% sure that at least the B. vagans is a male.

Hobo

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Staff member
Have any of these matured in your care?

Are you experienced in sexing molts?

I am 1000% sure that at least the B. vagans is a male.
Me too. Not 1000% though, just skeptical:)
I think OP posted the molt pics here.

The exuvium for the LP looks pretty torn up, and the pokie's pic is a little blurry so IMO it would be hard to confirm 100% from just the pictures by themselves.

In the end, we will have to trust in the sexing expertise of the OP, since he was physically there to see 'em with his own eyes, and not through blurry camera shots.
The OP is right though. There are some crossdressers out there! I've seen lots of threads where people say something's a certain sex only to have it lay a sack or hook out in an update (There was a G rosea thread updated a couple of months ago where a "male" G. rosea ended up laying a sac! can't find the thead though...)

That said, I recently learned that males can have prominent naughty bits themselves, and mighty be confusing, if say, the molt was torn up, like for the LPs. Here's the thread (particularly post #7) for those interested.

TheHolyToast

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I know what I'm looking for when it comes to sexing the exuvium. I have magnification for the smaller slings-juvies, but I still won't say 100% on a sex Ti'll they get above the 3".
My camera is not the best, and I think that has a lot to do with it.
But yes the B. vagans is Female. I have seen the pronounced male parts before, so I know it wasn't that. It has spermathacae.

None of them have matured yet.

With the P. regalis I can post a dorsal of the abdomen, since I don't have a clear pic of the spermathacae, again that has a lot to do with the camera.

I can understand you being skeptics, exspecially on the B. vagans, but I don't think cases like this would be all that uncommon in juvies of any species.

TheHolyToast

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
In the post of mine that Hobo has a link to, I would have added the vagans if I had a spermathacae pic, but I didn't think to ever take a pic off it, since I could never get a good ventral pic anway. Putting her in a clear cup wasn't clear enough with my camera , and up untill recently she was to figidty for me to pinch grab.

Here is the latest ventrals of the Two LPs above. Now they both look female.

Last edited:

TheHolyToast

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Ok here is the newest addition to my cross dressing Ts. I'm starting to think it's the pictures, since this seems to happen rather often.
This is a 4.5" G. pulchripes. 98% of the votes where for male, and I even got a 100% male, by some one I consider reputable. I personally saw more female than male though. Again I'm thinking it may have something to do with the pictures.

Any way this time I was sure to get a pic of the spermathacae.

ZergFront

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
:mad::wall:

I'm still having that problem and they aren't even mature yet. One molt I think female, then the next molt I'm guessing male. Stupid almost invisible triangle!! Also they like to eat their drag later.. {D

Kirsten

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
So, you are sure the B. vagans' exuvium had spermathecae and not the epigastric glands that are prominent in B. vagans males? When I do a molt check on ours, I want to be sure I get it right because as it sits right now, we have a very male ventral.

xhexdx

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Hey Toast,

Can you send me that pulchripes molt? I'd like to look at it in person.

TheHolyToast

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
So, you are sure the B. vagans' exuvium had spermathecae and not the epigastric glands that are prominent in B. vagans males? When I do a molt check on ours, I want to be sure I get it right because as it sits right now, we have a very male ventral.
I really wish I kept the molt, because now I'm second guessing. I was aware of accessory organs before I made this post, but I recently read some where that B. vagans have larger accessory organs.
I know for sure the molt had two bowling pin shapes for lack of a better description.
Now I could be wrong about this, but doesn't the spermatahacae in some species start off separate than later begin to fuse together?
The size of the bowling pins made me think they might be starting to fuse.
If it is true that the spemathacae fuses later on, I still don't know around what size that happens.

I'm gonna wait till the T molts again, and I'll post it here.

I do find it strange that so many of my Ts get male votes, and turn out to be Female. I really think it might be my camera, since the pics never seem to come out the same as how they look in person.

Ariel

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I really wish I kept the molt, because now I'm second guessing. I was aware of accessory organs before I made this post, but I recently read some where that B. vagans have larger accessory organs.
I know for sure the molt had two bowling pin shapes for lack of a better description.
Now I could be wrong about this, but doesn't the spermatahacae in some species start off separate than later begin to fuse together?
The size of the bowling pins made me think they might be starting to fuse.
If it is true that the spemathacae fuses later on, I still don't know around what size that happens.

I'm gonna wait till the T molts again, and I'll post it here.

I do find it strange that so many of my Ts get male votes, and turn out to be Female. I really think it might be my camera, since the pics never seem to come out the same as how they look in person.
I have a B. vagans that molted recently, that was female, her molt measured around 3" if I remember correctly, and it was a simply fused spermathacae. Here is a pic

TheHolyToast

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I have a B. vagans that molted recently, that was female, her molt measured around 3" if I remember correctly, and it was a simply fused spermathacae. Here is a pic/100_2476.jpg[/IMG]
I don't think mine looked like yours, but I was pretty convinced it was female when I saw what I did.
It might be a couple months, but I'll post the molt when I get it. We can just consider the B. vagans to be male in the mean time, since I have nothing to back it up.

TheHolyToast

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
This T one only got a couple replies on the sex, being I posted it yesterday. I would have waited to get more responses before adding it, but the two responses where overly confident in it being male.

E. murinus

TheHolyToast

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Here is the G. pulchripes from earlier.

and, the spermathacae of the P. regalis from earlier.

TheHolyToast

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
The B. vagans I spoke of earlier finally molted (Took long enough)
Drum Roll............................................It's now a mature male.
Yup I was fooled by the accessory organs, Oh well good learning experience. At least I was right that the ventral looked male.