Who has the largest? Post a picture!

J.huff23

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Good....
Atually mate...they are not.
You next.
I had this argument on the BTS and on Arachnophiles and they tore me a new one.
Joe....I can assure you that you are 100% wrong but please keep this up.
Be lots of fun here.....you against the UK spider world
Paul, can you not admit when you are wrong? We all make mistakes sometimes, its ok. I make mistakes all the time. I sometimes find that things I always thought were correct, are actually not.

For example, I embarrasingly enough didnt know that tarantulas are actually spiders. I have always been misinformed that Ts are not considered spiders.

See, I admit that I was wrong and take it as a learning experience.

Fran

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hey Widow ;)

As soon as I get home ill show you a Blondi with OVER 5" body lenght and a solid 11" leg span. Female.

Actually the one gravid that I have might even bigger than that parahybana too ;)

Fran

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Heh, actually "T's" are not tarantulas. The only real tarantula is the
Lycosa tarantula. The name was given for the region of "Tarento".

JC

Arachnolort
Old Timer
Heh, actually "T's" are not tarantulas. The only real tarantula is the
Lycosa tarantula. The name was given for the region of "Tarento".
Yes, I know. He didn't say "Ts" were not tarantulas, he said they were not spiders. A statement incorrect for either Lycosa tarantula or the theraphosidae family.

Terry D

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Fran's was a monster!

Hey y'all, No joke. Fran's big female was a monster! Fran, while you're at it, show 'em your big smithi girl. I'm betting that one would win hands down in proportionately stockiest class. He knows how to grow 'em-that's one thing for certain. :worship:

I've got some recent ones taken of my big girl but.........since I'm a stupendously cyber-illiterate moron and very tired at this time, I'll get around to that chore later.

Terry

Scorpendra

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
If we're talking taxonomically, Ts are in the spider order. But if we're going by whatever leads us to call Araneomorphs "true spiders", then I suppose they're technically not. What would a good analogy be? Capybaras being rodents?

My blondi is still a little thing :D

Last edited:

Venom

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Fran...that is truly huge...but

Philth has one of the most enormous T. blondi specimens I've ever seen. It even made it to documentary television on History Channel's "Monster Quest: Monster Arachnids!" (a show I worked on, btw! :D )

Fran

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
So far this is the biggest I have ever seen
:)
She got a little bit bigger than this, check the body lenght, (5")

PS: SORRY PAUL FLEMING ;)

Last edited: