Genus Xenesthis

SkyeSpider

Spider Queen
Old Timer
My adorable X. intermedia (from Todd Gearheart, since someone always asks), right before her last molt.

Attachments

SkyeSpider

Spider Queen
Old Timer
...and after her molt. Now about 5" long, and all legs. Her fangs make up for the lack of body size. They're over 1/2" long!

-Bryan

Attachments

LaRiz

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I appreciate Xenethis!

Xenesthis immanis. A small female showin' that booty.
john

Attachments

LaRiz

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Xenethis sp.
View of Leg IV "wraparound" metatarsal scopula, characteristic of the genus. That's neat-O!
john

Attachments

Last edited:

SkyeSpider

Spider Queen
Old Timer
Is it just me, or does this genus like to show it's tail? Baby got back! ;)

-Bryan

brgn

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Whats the difference between immanis and intermedia? Looking at the pictures of LaRiz and Bryan they look identical.

Robert

Martin H.

Arachnoangel
Old Timer

a medium sized specimen of something what's called here in Germany Xenesthis sp. "weiß" (weiß = white), due to it's white/bright/orange legs as spiderlings (see the photos of slings I posted above):

Attachments

SkyeSpider

Spider Queen
Old Timer
That white one "weiss" looks a lot like my X. intermedia. I'd say they were the same, only mine's always had the dark legs.

-Bryan

Attachments

Jakob

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
TheEternal said:
That white one "weiss" looks a lot like my X. intermedia. I'd say they were the same, only mine's always had the dark legs.

-Bryan
Bryan, I believe that would be copyright Jake Hojnacki ;) , would it not?

Later,

Jake

versus

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
those were amazing and nice T's, but too bad..i can't get them in my country... :(

Philth

N.Y.H.C.
Old Timer
I posted a pic of this guy(yes male :rolleyes: ) on the first page. It molted yesterday. Notice the dramatic color change from one molt. Sux that its a male, but still one of my favorite spiders in my collection, what ever spieces it is.

Attachments

spiderPeter

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hello guys,

here are two pictures of mature immanis male. He came for a loan to me from my very good friend Stefano from Italy. The male has a lot to do, as 4 adult females are waiting for him... :eek:) Enjoy!

Peter

emilsmee

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
i like immanis better than intermedia. the immanis is much more blue. my intermedia is kinda bland as far as leg colour goes. it's carapace is magnificant though! it's in a premolt right now, but still very impressive looking!! hmm when it molts i'm gonna have to sex it. i didn't even think about doing it until now...

manville

Arachnoking
Old Timer
that immanis sure has a big abdomen. i have a intermedia and i really like it a lot. i just hope it is a female. it doesnt look like one though :(