Pinch?

WhyTeDraGon

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Just curious, is the pinch as painful as ive heard? For example a P. imperator pinch, would that hurt a great deal? My female doesnt try to sting, but she tries to pinch, and I was just wondering about how bad it would actually feel.

Thanks!

~Crystal

OldHag

ArachnoHag
Old Timer
The thought horrifies me....I hate being bitten, pinched, clawed or otherwise wounded by inverts in any way shape or form. :( Im a wimp :D

I steer clear of my scorpion...shes a small piece of evil on earth.

Cirith Ungol

Ministry of Fluffy Bunnies
Old Timer
Nice! I was about to ask the same question one of these days... What also would interest me is the following: They seem to probe pinch things that move arround them - I wonder if such a "curiosity pinch" is as bad as a defensive pinch? I guess not but I wanna know :D

wikkid_devil

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Pinch

Only been nabbed once by one of my emps, it didn't draw blood but was enough to get the 'ouchyoulittlebuggerletgoofmysoddingfinger' reaction ;) {D

G. Carnell

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
ive been clawed by Emps, Heterometrus, Liocheles and Euscorpius

the euscorpius hurt the more, as they have really small pincers, and alot of pressure!

the emps hurt the least but it wasnt a fully blown PINCH

when they get you ont he skin on the sides of the finger, on either side of the nail, that cains like hell!

Cirith Ungol

Ministry of Fluffy Bunnies
Old Timer
One thing that makes me laugh is that eventho it clearly hurts, I can't help laughing at how innocent those poor little scorps are. Pinching is the only thing they can do with their little...hands, whether they want it or not. They remind me a bit about Edward Scissorhands {D Sweet somehow... everything in range has to be pinched :D

Awww.... {D

prang11

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
My emp pinched me last night while I was handling him for the first time. It hurt a bit but didnt leave any real wounds. It probably wasnt a full fledged pinch more of a "hey put me down pinch I think" {D

Black Hawk

Arachnolord
Old Timer
i had the same sort of question but instead of asking i decided to do my own scientific survey. while my emp was crawling around in her tank i put a wooden pencil between one of her claws. it left an imprint in the wood and i wouldn't really want it to happen but i'm not really concerned, i've been piched real hard by crawfish a few times and i looked about the same. i dunno, i just don't feel like getting stung, my scorps can pinch me if they want cuz i prolly deserve it if they do :p

mr crab

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
My old emperor gave me a test pinch, didnt hurt but it was pretty funny.