Enclosure/Terrarium Pictures

Big and Hairy

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Here are a couple of pics of part of my T setup. The second pic is of my female A. Genic's home, which is 20 gallon terrarium. In that picture she is hiding and munching on some crickets in her burrow at the far end.

Attachments

Ivar

Arachnopeon
No 1. Gramostola Rosea
Peat moss substrate, wood hideout. 30 L Terra. (Wil uppgrade to 60 L after the molt.)

No 2. Bracypelma smithi
Peat moss substrate, cork bark hideout, artificial leaves. 60 L Terra.

Attachments

Last edited:

Fred

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Aboreal encloser, for P regalis. Old dog cookie plastic jar, approx. 1 ft tall 8"(ish) wide. 1" of peat and vermiculite, one large piece of cork bark and artificial plants. The one beside it is for a smaller p regalis.

Peter_Parker

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Terrestrial

Designed for G. rosea, 5.5 gallon, peat/potting soil mix. Yep, the grass is real, and alive too! (well, some of it anyway :D ). Supposed to simulate a scrubland/forest edge type setup. A work-in-progress

Attachments

Lorgakor

Arachnomom
Staff member
Here are a few of mine.

I got these awesome containers at Real Canadian Superstore. The smaller ones were 2 for a dollar, and the larger ones were a dollar each. They are a perfect size for arborial slings/juvies, and they would be great for burrowers and terrestrials as well.

Tall Lock & Lock with pokie slings.

Arboreal set up for H. maculata mature male.

Various sling containers.

Kritter Keeper housing juvie G. pulchra.

15 gallon long for T. blondi, followed by 5 gallon with E. campestratus, and 2.5 gallon with B. smithi.

Round, tall kritter keeper set up for burrowing for H. lividum.

Potatoemoe

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
10gal with 3-5" of reptile litter: jungle mix. some teraruim moss, which my rosie moves all over the place. some sticks from my yard just for looks.

Attachments

Crimsonpanther

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
These are some pics of my OBT Enclosure...I went with the 12X12X12 exoterra terrarium ...She loves it , She currently has two homes after her long Aboreal Residence....She goes to the flower pot some times and she has made a tunnel web behind all the coark bark that runs over the flower pot !!
Shes Great 5 " OBT

Attachments

jbrd

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I made two of these and this is what I started out with, a 28X46X24 overall Oak cabinet , three shelves in each. Each shelf can hold a ten gallon aquarium no problem. Heavy duty brackets underneath just for added stability and safety. The whole back wall has a mirror running the whole lenght of the enclosure to help with light reflection.
On the bottom shelf i have one Exo Terra 60Watt Heat Wave Lamp, the second shelf has one Exo Terra 75w Heat Glo infared spot lamp all hooked up to a ReptiTemp 500R remote sesor thermostat. This keeps the temps around 78 to 80 degs. This is almost on the lowest settings too.
On the top shelf i have a slow turning small fan (40mm) blowing out while there is one on the bottom shelf sucking air in all hooked up to a ReptiTemp 500R remote sensor thermostat as well. This way it all turns on at the same time.
Then i took a Sunbeam Rope Light, (for night time viewing) all 18 feet of it and lined the inside shelves with it. I hooked the rope light up to a timer that supplies power from 6PM to 7AM, which in turn will only come on if the 160 degree viewing motion detector is tripped by someone walking in the T room.
All this is behind 1/8 glass door that i had to have custom cut, probally the most expensive part of this project.
Any comments, questions or concerns would be greatly appreciated so that i could put the finishing touches on this enclosure.

Heres a daytime pic.

and a nite time pic, even though the pic doesnt do it justice on the lighting

Goliath

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Arboreal Enclosure

Here is my terrarium for my female Cyriopagopus schioedtei. It has grown in a little more since I posted the other pictures.

Here is how I did the tank.
The tank is a Exoterra 18x18x24" reptarium. I ripped out the styrofoam backing that came with the tank and put black silicone all over the sides and back of the tank. Starting with the back of the tank I applied the silicone everywhere except for an area where a piece of cork would be placed that would be her home. Once the piece of cork was fit to the tank I placed the other pieces of cork that were to go along the back, let the silicone cure for 24 hrs, and foamed them in with triple expanding foam. This was then let to cure overnight. I repeated the same procedure for the other two sides after I got the wood situated in their places. Once everything cured I trimmed the foam to how I liked it. I also foamed in two brazil nut cups (available from black jungle), these are the seed pods from brazil nut trees, into the sides of the foam to serve as water dishes. Once everything was trimmed I covered the foam with brown silicone and immediately covered that with dry coco bedding. This was them let to sit for a couple days and the excess coco was vacuumed out. I filled the bottom of the tank with coco bedding, planted the tank and covered the coco with live moss. The wood in the tank consists of cork bark, malaysian drift wood, liana and the brazil nut pods. The plants in the tank are java moss, resurection fern, a couple epiphytic ferns, a begonia, Cissus amazonica, Rhaphidophora tetrasperma, a creeping ficus sp., a miniature ginger, Anthurium scandens, Hoya bella and Epidendrum porpax. To keep the humidity up I covered the top screen with 1/8" lexan, and for lighting I use 2 40 watt super daylight flourescent bulbs in a shop light fixture.

Thanks,
Mike

Attachments

Last edited:

chemosh6969

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
GBB containter

I used the lid off a 100 dvd-r spindle for the container. For the lid I drilled some holes in a 25 dvd-r spindle and slid it on. I've made them before and had the lid slip in too much so then I just use a rubber band to stop it from sliding.

ilovebugs

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
burrowing

this is for my 2" P. Murinus.
I took this shortly after setting it all up. I added some water to get it to all settle. the cups have been removed as the T began burrowing during the first night. It now has two burrows.

I'm going to add another picture after I make it more arboreal friendly. (soon as I find a suitable climbing object. I think my T would appreciate that.

By the way,
If you decided to make a plexiglass lid, I advize you, BE CAREFUL especially if you use an exacto knife.

Last edited:

brachy

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
My litle collection. More pic in From Brazil s theard whats name is Natural setup.

AussieTkeeper

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Here are a few Pic of my Burrowing Tanks i made. (with the help of martins links that is ;) )

Few pics of how i keep my slings.

Jase

Jürgen

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Hey!

thanks for the flowers :)

so, in the other tanks i keep some poecilotheria's.the tank of the geniculata is the perfect size.she's wondering to all places in tank.

and here is another one:

regards

Jürgen