indian pede?

aftershock

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
A friend of mine was at the big reptile/invert show in Hamm(Germany) he talked to a danish guy who sold one of these pedes. It was about 27 cm(11") and were probably a wildcaught specimen. He took a few pictures of it and I will post them as soon as I will get them. I saw them on his digital camera and they were truely beautiful.

Cheers!

wayne the pain

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
indian pede

that would be great aftershock if you get the pics please see if you can get any more info too.do you know how much that pede went for?

aftershock

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I got a picture of it now! It was sold as a Scolopendra hardwicki. It was 27 cm(11") A real MONSTER!!!´

;P

Steven

pede-a-holic
Old Timer
that baby is well worth a 100 Euro,....
did they got more specimen????

any chance on tracking that german dealer down,.... it wasn't Vinnman by any chance?????

damn i want one or two or,...... :D

aftershock

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I DIDN'T buy it- My friend just took a picture of it. It was a danish guy who sold it.

Steven

pede-a-holic
Old Timer
I DIDN'T buy it- My friend just took a picture of it. It was a danish guy who sold it
danemark isn't so far away from sweden i gues,.... hint hint hint =D

aftershock

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
hehe...no it's just 15 minutes away from where I live. But i won't pay that much for a pede. Then I'd rather go to India collecting a few...hint hint hint...;P

Steven

pede-a-holic
Old Timer
hehe...no it's just 15 minutes away from where I live. But i won't pay that much for a pede. Then I'd rather go to India collecting a few...hint hint hint...
can i come,... :p we can bring home some P. metallica's as well :}

Hendriks

Arachnopeon
aftershock said:
A friend of mine was at the big reptile/invert show in Hamm(Germany) he talked to a danish guy who sold one of these pedes. It was about 27 cm(11") and were probably a wildcaught specimen. He took a few pictures of it and I will post them as soon as I will get them. I saw them on his digital camera and they were truely beautiful.

Cheers!
Well I was the one who sold the big one in Hamm. We found it in India in the Metallica area a year before... we found a lot of small ones also, but this one was just to beautiful to let go... 2 years before we found some in Miranda area, but we never brought any home, I also saw it in the P. sp. Tigris area( i am almost sure it was the same species). so it seems that they are found in a big area in India...

Henrik

danread

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hendriks said:
Well I was the one who sold the big one in Hamm. We found it in India in the Metallica area a year before... we found a lot of small ones also, but this one was just to beautiful to let go... 2 years before we found some in Miranda area, but we never brought any home, I also saw it in the P. sp. Tigris area( i am almost sure it was the same species). so it seems that they are found in a big area in India...

Henrik
Hi Henrik,

when you say you found lots of small ones, were they the same species? Do you have any photos of them in their natural habitat?

Cheers,

kahoy

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
?

look at the head and segments 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 of all pics.

cant you see the difference and similarities?
:? :? :? :? :?

Scorp guy

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
hard...weiki

i wonder if theres pumpkins up there...maybe it uses it as a hiding spot LOL!
anyway, i know someone who has a ctalogue in which you can buy practically any animal there is, sloths, alligators,zebras, everything, even things impossible to have imported, im gonna check and see if they have those in there :D

kahoy

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Scorp_Lver said:
i wonder if theres pumpkins up there...maybe it uses it as a hiding spot LOL!
anyway, i know someone who has a ctalogue in which you can buy practically any animal there is, sloths, alligators,zebras, everything, even things impossible to have imported, im gonna check and see if they have those in there :D

how much GODZILLA and KINGKONG costs?:?

and thos inverts on SKULL ISLAND?:?

i dont have their scientific name so can you post some pic?:?

{D WICKED SICK!!!... {D
;P OWNING!!!...;P

kahoy

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
LaRiz said:
Maybe the one with the black head is hoaxed, but I have my doubts.
I was at the mall. Kids were hungry so we went to Chick-fil-A. The kid's meals came with wildlife books (Coral Reef, Meadow, etc.). One of them was "Rain Forest". This is probably inappropriate to scan and put up, but the book was free :) Delete it if you must. Photographer is Frank Greenway. The book is credited to Dorling Kindersley. To buy these books, go to dk.com
This was inside:
wayne the pain said:

they are alike, or should i say that the image was reversed?{D