Re-arranging my bug room today

Stylopidae

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Who else is in the middle of some sort of bug related construction project?

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
That would be me. We are moving to a new apartment, and this go round we got a two bedroom just so I could overtake a room for the Ts. Its pretty exciting, and I find it hard to shut my brain off when it comes time to sleep.
I tried to talk her into letting me overtake the master bedroom, but for some reason I lost that little chat. Cant imagine why.:rolleyes:

Nitibus

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I got my first T in Feb of this year... Now I'm constructing a whole shelving unit for all my T's. I needed to find one that was 16 inches deep so that my 20Gal tank would fit for my L. Difficlis ( when it grows into it ) . I already don't have the space I need in my office, and now a wall of T's

The problem is, I really need 2 shelves. I want to set up terrarrium tanks, but want to pre-set them up for 6 month before I move my T's in to make sure I have balanced everything else first. I've been doing research on the right plants, and light levels. I'm going to include some smaller carniverous plants to help with any mite probelms, pill bugs, a fern for some extra shade and air plants...

One step at a time I guess.

I love this hobby !

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
i have an office/pet room thats always being re-arranged {D

xVOWx

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Just set up a wire rack in my closet to hold all my "hot" scorps. Milder scorps and my Chaco slings will remain on the bookcase.

beetleman

Arachnoking
Old Timer
i need to get a small warehouse{D more and more critters:eek: my apartment is being taken over,i'm always rearanging,it never stops:)

kristal_kaos

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I put up track shelving to hold two shelves that are 12 in deep so they hold 5 to 10 gallon tanks well. It looks awful, lol, I didnt do a great job, and should have put them in another room altogether...they are in the dining area, lol...there really was no where else to put them up high with out my kids being able to get to them ,lol. I may take down the shelving unit and put all my Ts in my bedroom, maybe? This sux, ;)

JenNJay

Arachnopeon
hehe..

Yeah, we are getting ridiculous too. haha.. We have a small bedroom that is dedicated to the T's, approximately 50 in our master bedroom, and another 30or so in our master bedroom closet. Everytime I think we are done rearranging, we run out of space and need to rearrange again to make room.

We have said 4 times now that we are done buying for awhile and then we either find another must have species or a really good deal. {D

Stylopidae

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Here's the final result:

I just need to get something to cover the hole type things

Attachments

Varden

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I've had a couple eggsacs hatch, so my total # of Ts just boomed by 1700. I've been rearranging the shelves, putting everyone in alphabetical order, trying to figure out where I can have the hubby build me another set of shelves and I'm doing my annual spring cleaning. Everyone gets their enclosure totally scrubbed out, the furnishings washed, and substrate changed. Whether they need it or not.

And this Saturday, my spider room begins it's new adventure into social services. One of my sisters, who is a careprovider for mentally and physically handicapped adults, is bringing two of her charges by to feed and water Ts. The goal being to get them out of the house and interested in something other than watching TV and eating. So, now we are child-proofing the room...just in case I really don't have eyes in the back of my head.

ZooRex

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Yeah, the pet room is always under some kind of construction. Just finishing a viv for my tokay, and will have to start building somthin for my veiled chameleon. Some where between all that, I want to put in two or three shelves for the adult T's I want to add to my collection: GBB, A.versicolor, T.blondi, P.murinus, and P.atrichomatus. ~ Rex

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
So, now we are child-proofing the room...just in case I really don't have eyes in the back of my head.

Wow you have more bravery then I do. I don't even let my Gf go in the room unless I am there. Only because she is prone to leaving lids off and walking away without remembering. And I cant have that, plus shes a tad clutsy, so that does not thrill me ither. She's pretty much band unless I am there.

Just curious what does child proofing entail?

Nitibus

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I don't even let my Gf go in the room unless I am there. Only because she is prone to leaving lids off and walking away without remembering. And I cant have that, plus shes a tad clutsy, so that does not thrill me ither. She's pretty much band unless I am there.
Wow ! Scatter brained and clutzy. I hope she's at least good in the sack ! :}

ShadowBlade

Planeswalker
Old Timer
I recently finished moving all my collection into plastic containers. Work beautifully. The tanks I have now, will work for a couple new kingsnakes atleast.:)

-Sean

JungleGuts

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
The only gripe I have are the holes

Jungleguts...I'll get some setup pics for you sometime

cools, thanks. I know the enclosure thread has some set-up pics, but is there a thread with set-up pics only?