Genus Chilobrachys

monitormonster

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Here's my roomie's Chilobrachys Burmensis......Mean little bastard, for sure, but I love watching it.

Last edited:

Boo

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I sure hope these grow fast because mine is so tiny.

SOAD

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Very nice Szymon, how many were born in this sack?
And loved the color of the hammock, LOL

hamfoto

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
possible Chilobrachys sp.

A friend showed me this beauty when it came in with a shipment of H. lividum...though it is not one!
It looks like Chilobrachys...but not a clue as to species. Unfortunately only one came in...but we'll keep our eyes out for more in the future.

Chris

Last edited:

EDED

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Chris,

nice

feed it really well, and see if it will drop a sac for you. Hopefully mated already although maybe passed the season but who knows!

Steve Nunn

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hi Chris,
Very nice, not everyday you get to see something new (I do think this spider belongs to a closely related group of animals thoughout NW Thailand/Myanmar, none of which are currently in the hobby as far as I know) ;) I also agree with you that it looks looks like a Chilobrachys, a quick look at the stridulating organ would solve quickly. :)

Thanks,
Steve

hamfoto

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Steve,

Thanks! Yeah...it's a looker. When I get a molt I'll take a look at the stridulating organ...she wouldn't like me if I tried right now.
Do you have any thoughts of species I can look at? If so PM me and I'll try to find the original description papers.

later,
Chris

GoTerps

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Female Chilobrachys sp. "whatever the hell "huahini" really is"

Eric

Tuotatis

Arachnopeon
Hi!

It's a freshly moulted tarantula. If It want to bit something with soft fangs, they would be broke. If I were You, I don't annoys the spider.