Help Me Someone Who Knows About Roaches

kaddys

Arachnopeon
I Have Some B . Dubia Roaches I Want To Breed I Have Quite A Few Adults And Some Smaller Ones The Adults Are To Big For Feeding My Juvenille Dragons But I Only Know How To Sex Them When Fully Grown And Can See The Full Wings Is There A Way To Tell Before They Are Fully Grown What Sex They Are Please ? Know I Sound Dead Stupid But I Am A Begginer But Pretty Obvious Isnt It Only Going To End Up With Loads Of Roaches Which Are To Big For My Dragons Please Help I Have Asked Three Times Now But Getting No Answers Someone Must Be Clever Out There.

thedude

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
no not a stupid question, but the answer is no you can only sex them when they are full grown

OldHag

ArachnoHag
Old Timer
I can sex them before they are adults... its the exact same. Large last segment=Female. Small last segment=Male.
Ill go take a pic of some nymphs and post a pic.
There ya go. Male on the left, female on the right. Both nymphs.

Last edited:

kaddys

Arachnopeon
I can sex them before they are adults... its the exact same. Large last segment=Female. Small last segment=Male.
THANKS FOR THE ADVICE WILL HAVE TO TRY AND SEE EVEN THOUGH I DONT LIKE TO HANDLE THE THINGS BUT THANKS A LOT TO EVERYONE FOR TRYING TO HELP

Dom

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Yes you can sex them with the above method when they are quite small. I just pulled a few out that were about 1/2" and they were sexable at that size.

AaronP

Arachnopeon
WOW!!! Great Post

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Great post. I have had dubias for close to a year and no one ever told me that. Thank you you intelligent knowledgeable person.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Knowledge is power .....