New Terrariums

324r350

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I am buying some centipedes again, more than a year after my last ones died. I am setting up a 10 gallon for a single (probably a boring Subspinipes) and 20 gallon long for 5x Chinese Mutilans. I purchased two reptile lamps with 75 watt bulbs and I am afraid it will make the soil too hot. The beam is very narrow, so I have it pointed diagonally across the tank starting about half a foot above the tank and probably a little more than 2 feet to the point of most intense heat. I was hoping it would create something of a gradient, with heat still in the cooler areas as they are closer to the bulb but less direct. My liquid crystal marker is near the coolest part and is reading about 78. I think the hottest part might be 85-90 but that is just a guess. Do you think I can get by with some fake foliage to reflect some of the "sun" or is there a good way to better diffuse the heat? Those numbers were for the 10 gallon but I will set up the 20 the same way.

Next on the list is SHC and then the heros with black head and tail.

324r350

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I switched to IR bulbs which have seem to have a wider spread.
Just a few quick ones because I've been out of it.

Whats a good way to manage the diet of 5 bugs in the same enclosure (ie how to make sure everyone gets a piece)

Whats a good amount of food to feed a Vietnamese probably 5-6" body length?
it took down the 3 large crickets I gave it very quickly

Also does saran wrap reflect IR?