Red & White T?

speedreader

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Hi one and all,

I am wondering if there is a red & white tarantula out there. Does anybody know?

Moltar

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
N. chromatus. They have red, white and some browns. The red isn't like the bright reds you see in brachypelmas but they are very sweet looking t's. The carapace is a creamy whitish beige in adults that looks kinda ghostly.

speedreader

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Good point. Certainly a decent choice, albeit I am looking for something closer to red rather than orange if possible.

Moltar

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
There are certainly people here who know more than me but the only really RED t's i can think of are brachy's and i don't think any of them have white on them.

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Acanthoscurria geniculata is what comes into my mind when I think red and white T. :)

speedreader

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
May be the photos don't show it properly, but I can't see any red on a.genics...

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
It's on the abdomen, but I guess there are more Ts with brighter red colors like the Nhandu spp.

You probably want more red though huh? Nhandu chromatus is probably your best choice.

LimaMikeSquared

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
B auratum has reddy flicks on the top and white stipes around some parts of the leg but that is all that I can think of to hand.

LMS

Moltar

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Why red & white? Are you working on a christmas theme?

speedreader

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Why red & white? Are you working on a christmas theme?
I get spiders for the university colors. I got my undergrad degrees from Berkeley; hence, I got a p.metallica. Now I am getting PhD from Cornell...

Anyway, I think I will go with A.genic as I wanted to get one anyway for display purposes.

ronin

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Well, let's just find speedreader a red, white, & green T & he'll be all set.

Amanda

Arachnolord
Old Timer
I don't think there's any question but to go with N. chromatus. Does it get any more "red and white" than this?

craig84

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I have one but its just a sling. Can't wait till it gets its colors!:drool:

speedreader

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Mhm, I will have to read up on these then. I guess I will start looking for both on payday next week.
Is N.chromatus a good display species?

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Mhm, I will have to read up on these then. I guess I will start looking for both on payday next week.
Is N.chromatus a good display species?
I've only ever had one as a sling, but most slings tend to burrow and this one didn't. It was visible all the time. So I would say yea this is a good display species.

Amanda

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Awesome display species!

I got this guy when he was barely 1/4". He has always had a burrow, no matter what his size. When he was younger, he would stay outside the burrow all the time unless he was startled. As he got larger, it took alot more to startle him, until he didn't spend much time down there at all. The burrows always look really cool, but he's still out all the time. I have TONS of pictures of him throughout his life because he's always out.

Also, I don't know about others, but my guy grew FAST! I received him 3-16-06 at .25" (2nd or 3rd instar at most). Two weeks ago, he molted into a mature male! I know males are faster than females, but still. Those pictures were taken before his last molt. He's had those bright colors since he hit 3". Mine isn't a hair-kicker either. I've really got nothing bad to say about these guys. :clap: