Introduction + pictures

kharmakazy

Arachnopeon
Oi

I know pretty much nothing about scorpions aside from what I have read in the last week on the interwebs.

I purchased 2 of what I have been told are H. Hottentotta.

Now my internet poking leads me to believe that this is an accurate representation of what these actually are, but again... who am I to judge.

Purchased from whom I believe to be the board native Tabor (one of the brothers anyhow...) And they seem to know what they are talking about, so yeah.

Anyhow I've been keeping them (as you can see in the last picture) in sterilite containers on top of my PC and feeding them earwigs. They seem to enjoy murdering them and they are easy to find and catch.

Did I name them? Yes.

Did i give them little castles? Indeed.

Are they awesome so far? Signs point to yes.

kharmakazy

Arachnopeon
You can see in the third from the bottom picture kefka eating an (what I believe to be) Earwig. Is that ok you think? They outright refuse adult crickets and I could not find any pinheads around here anywhere for sale.

Earwigs are exceptionally easy to find around here.. pour a dab of vegetable oil on the ground and within a couple of hours you are crawling with the buggers...

tabor

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Sure, I have never fed them an earwhig simply because I can't find them. you should be fine ! :)