Yesterday was a sad sad day...

Rain_Flower

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Well... One of our little chameleons died in the middle of the night. My boyfriend went to turn lights on and feed them and she was on the ground...he almost cried. I had took her outside and burried her. :(
We are 90% positive it was from dehydration, and have made sure the other ones are drinking like they're supposed to.

Anyways, it just sucked.

And my savannah monitor escaped. I turned the whole house upside down yesterday and found him in a box next to his cage covered in dust. I gave him a bath and now he's all better and locked up in his little house :)

ZooRex

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Well... One of our little chameleons died in the middle of the night.
I'm really sorry to hear that, I'm kinda in the same boat as you. This past spring there was a period where i didn't water my cham as much. I didn't even notice till it was to late...he had a bad shed and lost most of his spines as well as the top 1/4" of his casque. I felt apsolutly terrible, and he is still recovering from this disastor. Man those chams, so beautiful, so intreaging, but one mistake and your screwed. ~ Rex

P.S.
he almost cried
So would I

beetleman

Arachnoking
Old Timer
:( very sorry about your loss,but atleast you found the monitor. it's very sad when chams die. they are such interesting lizards. hope the other is well.

Rain_Flower

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Thanks guys. The other chameleons are doing much better, we've put a water fountain in their enclosure and they looove it.

phil jones

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
what a sad day for you lets hope things get better soon as for crying i did when my hamster died about 6 months ago and i am 46 yrs old in dec ~~~~ PHIL

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Dang Courtney I'm sorry to hear about the chameleon. :( It's good news that you found the Savannah monitor though! I hope all your other chams live long and healthy lives with you!

Bear Foot Inc

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Man thats hard! I feel for you, i have an adult male escape out side this spring... still have not found him... And there is no looking for them, they blend in so good! Still have my female... But she wont drink... I give her a good misting every day, and she opens her mouth, so i spray it full of watter... i guess that is enough?

~Samuel

Drachenjager

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Man thats hard! I feel for you, i have an adult male escape out side this spring... still have not found him... And there is no looking for them, they blend in so good! Still have my female... But she wont drink... I give her a good misting every day, and she opens her mouth, so i spray it full of watter... i guess that is enough?

~Samuel
try a dripper or an air stone in the water dish to make it move...

Morax

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I Know How It Feels

SORRY FOR YOUR LOSS, i KNOW HOW IT FEELS I ONCE HAD A SAVANNAH MONITOR THAT DIED FROM IMPACTION I TOO ALMOST CRIED.......:(

THEY ALWAY FIND A WAY OUT OF THEIR HOME. I ONCE FOUN MY SAVANAH HIDING UNDER A GIANT TEDDY BEAR.

Snakefox

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
so sorry for your loss chams are my favorites
If you have them all in the same enclosure they will fight for water rights and they will dehydrate to aviod a fight. Chams do the best if seprated, but if you are keeping your babies together I wouldn't do it much longer because they will fight. If you have 2 babies use 2 drippers on seprate sides of the tank ,that way eveyone has a spot to drink at.

Rain_Flower

Arachnolord
Old Timer
so sorry for your loss chams are my favorites
If you have them all in the same enclosure they will fight for water rights and they will dehydrate to aviod a fight. Chams do the best if seprated, but if you are keeping your babies together I wouldn't do it much longer because they will fight. If you have 2 babies use 2 drippers on seprate sides of the tank ,that way eveyone has a spot to drink at.
Yeah we only have one chameleon now and he's in his own big tank all by himself. We're going to get more chams but they will have their own cages.