Encyocratella olivacea

craig84

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Is the tarantula Encyocratella olivacea an aboreal, aggressive, fast T? Are the easy to breed? I can't seem to find out much info on it. Thanks. Craig.

syndicate

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
there an aboreal tarantula from Tanzania.i dont currently have any but im guessing that there are also fast and defensive.they were previously described as Xenodendrophila gabrieli.what makes this species interesting is that they lack spermathecae. which means the female can store the males sperm even after molting.i couldnt tell u if breeding is hard or not but a few people are having luck with this species in europe.u can find some good pictures of them on Timos site www.baboonspiders.de
hope that helps :]

craig84

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Thanks for the reply;) I think I will check it out. Well, iam not interested in an aboreal T as my cambridgei is enough. Iam a fan of terrestrial T's:)

PhilR

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
My girl's fairly fast, but not particularly defensive as African species go :)

Ask me how easy they are to breed in a few weeks (mating them isn't particularly difficult, but I haven't seen an eggsac yet :D)

craig84

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Thanks for the info. Wish you luck Phil! Well, I want terrestrial so think I will pass on these beauties.